Home Sports Talk

a few pics (finally), of my Slovenia/Croatia trip - NON SPORTS

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 13, 2019 8:04AM in Sports Talk

This is Lake Bled in Slovenia. We had lunch at the castle and enjoyed a great day there.!

Hiking Vintgar Gorge, near Ljubljana, Slovenia. Inredibly clear water, you could see at least 20 feet++ down.

Our guide, Matija, a native of Opatija, Croatia, with my wife along the walkway in Opatija.

Having lunch in a perfect place...as nice as it looks.

Our yacht "My Way"

The island of Korcula

Swimming in a cove in the Adriatic Sea. The captain did this for us about 5 or 6 times. Perfect water, clear, and clean.

Approaching Dubrovnik. A replica ship of what they used in the day.

A very steep stairway in Dubrovnik.

Walking the wall in Dubrovnik

Another wall view.

The island of Bol

That's it, that's all. I gotta say, Croatia on a small yacht should be a vacation consideration!! It was better than our Italy/Sicily trip last year, and better than Australia/New Zealand the year before! Cost with airfare...about $14k+/-
The airfare in Comfort zone was right at $3.8k, and almost a must, the other seats are smaller and you will not be happy after 9 hours of flying!!

Hope you enjoyed.

Al

Comments

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, looks incredible! Thanks for sharing.

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very pretty pics!

I'd sure hate to be an invading soldier in ancient times trying to overcome those fortifications.

When the commanding officer shouts "Attack", I would retort, "Nah, i'm just going to check out the lunch menu at that restaurant."

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,347 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome pics Al! What a beautiful place! Thanks for posting the pics

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks guys...I have about 400 pics, but at least you get a little taste of Croatia. I had no idea stevek was vacationing nearby on his yacht shown below.

We did have the very rare opportunity to be anchored about 100 yards from the yacht "quantum blue". It's worth a google. Owned by a Russian Oligarch, who has a big chain of stores in Russia. Cost of yacht is about $300 million, his reported worth is north of $3.5 billion. Awesome to see up close.

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

<<< I had no idea stevek was vacationing nearby on his yacht shown below. >>>

I'm glad you saw me wave to you. 👋

But I always have to take a vacation right before the NFL football season. It's a lot of back breaking work being an Eagles fan, and i need to be refreshed in order to endure the rigors of a long, hard season of rooting. :)

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    i need to be refreshed in order to endure the rigors of a long, hard season of rooting. :)

Be careful, Aussies might take that the wrong way.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

splendiferous pictures, 1955 Topps!

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool pics. Looks like a magical place to visit.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

great pics of the old world!

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I'm glad you had such a good trip and splendid pics.