Home Sports Talk

Do the Pats really deserve this "Hell" headline from the NY Post??

Comments

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

We will see whether or not the Pat's get anything out of this. Brown is a head case, and he might not have much football left in him. He has not played in a real game for over a year.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

NFL is a mess. Timing was indeed questionable.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh please, those complete morons from New York need to get their heads out of their rear ends and realize that the second AB pulls any drama related nonsense he will be GONE without hesitation. See New England don’t give idiots long leashes like they do elsewhere, keep your mouth shut and do your job (Like the saying goes here) That’s the real “Patriot Way” don’t confuse it with some fantasy’s about ethics and doing the right thing, that’s what confuses people who are not in the know. GO PATS!!!!

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

One thing I've learned over the years having hired and fired many people. Unless it is extenuating circumstances beyond control, almost all employees when they get fired, actually wanted to be fired either consciously or subconsciously.

The point is that just because Brown acted like an imbecile with Gruden, doesn't necessarily mean he will do that with Belichick.

I'm not saying that Brown couldn't act that way with Belichick. But the author of the article equates the two situations which is incorrect because Jon Gruden is no Bill Belichick.

The author thru ignorance, I believe probably hasn't been in a position to hire and fire people, and doesn't fully understand the nuances of the workplace in that regard.

I think Brown obviously wanted to be fired from the Raiders. And very likely, he is absolutely thrilled to be playing football for a Super Bowl championship team, that is favored to win it again this season.

There could be little nitpicky problems with Brown on the Patriots from time to time, but having given it some thought, i'll be surprised if any major problems occur. Belichick is a master psychologist and he will know how to handle it.

Down the road next season and moving forward, maybe Brown will become incorrigible again. But for now and during this season, i think Brown will behave himself.

@BillJones said:
    We will see whether or not the Pat's get anything out of this. Brown is a head case, and he might not have much football left in him. He has not played in a real game for over a year.

What are you talking about? He missed the last 2 games of the ‘18 Season and training camp it’s not like he didn’t play at all last year. Breaks like that are probably good for a veteran, but to say he might not have much football left in him is a ridiculous statement if your saying that because he hasn’t played in a while. Now if your saying because he is all of a sudden a head case then fine I can understand that. AB has huge numbers last year, yes that’s last year when he had better stats than 99% of the WR’s in the NFL. His talent is undeniable

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought this was the guy who held out on the Pittsburgh Steelers for the whole 2018 season. Sorry for the mistake.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 9, 2019 5:07AM

Brown actually led the NFL in TD receptions last season. He is still playing at a very elite level.

As to the NY Post, no one with half a brain should take that rag seriously.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

@BillJones said:
    I thought this was the guy who held out on the Pittsburgh Steelers for the whole 2018 season. Sorry for the mistake.

No your thinking of Lev Bell. And no need to apologize, it’s all fun banter my friend 🍻

edited September 9, 2019 5:56AM

@MLBdays said:
    I guess my real question from the headline is....was it a scheme ~contrived and premeditated? Or was it purely a spontaneous circumstance that he landed in NE?

I’m going with Anything is possible. Although I highly doubt there was any collusion going on, Goodell would probably take every draft pick and indefinitely suspend Belichick if something like that ever surfaced 😂. BUT the bottom line is did any other team request AB’s services? If not then too bad

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, the New York Post does have a certain sort of tabloid "reputation."

However if they published a story that Tom Brady was an alien from another planet, perhaps from a distant galaxy, now that I would believe. Especially because no human being can possibly do what he's doing at his age.

@stevek said:

However if they published a story that Tom Brady was an alien from another planet, perhaps from a distant galaxy, now that I would believe. Especially because no human being can possibly do what he's doing at his age.

Agreed. It’s really not even remotely debatable..

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@MLBdays said:
    I guess my real question from the headline is....was it a scheme ~contrived and premeditated? Or was it purely a spontaneous circumstance that he landed in NE?

I’m going with Anything is possible. Although I highly doubt there was any collusion going on, Goodell would probably take every draft pick and indefinitely suspend Belichick if something like that ever surfaced 😂. BUT the bottom line is did any other team request AB’s services? If not then too bad

@perkdog said:

@MLBdays said:

NE and BB are always many steps ahead of the league. They tried to get AB in March. They clearly were interested. When it looked like he may be released from the Raiders, I am sure they were immediately prepared with an offer. It is that simple.

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 9, 2019 8:08AM

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

Agreed. It’s really not even remotely debatable..

Roger Clemens comes to mind...