Home Sports Talk

Yearly Texas bragging rights go to Cowboys this year...."Zeke who"!!

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 24, 2019 7:56PM in Sports Talk

Cowboys stomp a mudhole in the Texan's 34-0! Life is good! :)

Oh and Eaglett's lose. B)

Comments

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

The season started?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Dallas Cowboys.

The Houston Texans.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is probably the highlight of the whole Cowboy's season.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    This is probably the highlight of the whole Cowboy's season.

You could be right......hope not.... :)

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad you guys reminded Jon that the season hadn’t started yet 😂😂😂👍

@perkdog said:
    Glad you guys reminded Jon that the season hadn’t started yet 😂😂😂👍

It's a yearly thing that is taken very serious in Texas. :o

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

If winning meant I won Texas I think I'd throw the fight

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN I'm hearing Zeke has been back in town for a couple days and the deal will be done by Tuesday.

@thisistheshow said:
    @DIMEMAN I'm hearing Zeke has been back in town for a couple days and the deal will be done by Tuesday.

I just hope Jerry stands his ground, but he will probably cave! :s

Jon the ‘Boys will not win the division without Zeke, you best hope he gets signed bud

how come you clowns are sucking up to the owners on this? Oh no the poor owners are having a tough time paying the light bill for their 17th guest house , they need to be frugal with these contracts :D or they might have to refuel the fleet of private jets again they better raise hot dog prices to $13.

no one that charges over 10$ for a bottle of spring water is ever going to convince me they are strapped for cash . The players should gouge every cent they can out of these douchebags

Oh he has a contract he has to stick it out , wah wah wah but if the owner sees some dude and pays him league minimum and cuts Zeke somehow he no longer has a contract
    If a contract isn't binding on Jerry why should it be binding on Zeke?

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Jon the ‘Boys will not win the division without Zeke, you best hope he gets signed bud

They are 5-11 without him.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

@bronco2078 said:
    how come you clowns are sucking up to the owners on this? Oh no the poor owners are having a tough time paying the light bill for their 17th guest house , they need to be frugal with these contracts :D or they might have to refuel the fleet of private jets again they better raise hot dog prices to $13.

no one that charges over 10$ for a bottle of spring water is ever going to convince me they are strapped for cash . The players should gouge every cent they can out of these douchebags

Oh he has a contract he has to stick it out , wah wah wah but if the owner sees some dude and pays him league minimum and cuts Zeke somehow he no longer has a contract
    If a contract isn't binding on Jerry why should it be binding on Zeke?

Bronc - it's not money..........it's the freaking salary cap. Jerry has the money and would gladly pay up if not for the salary cap.

Have I ever mentioned I HATE THE SALARY CAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is no salary cap , its pretend accounting.

Oh we will give you a 3 million signing bonus , 1 million a year for 3 years and at the end 50 million. Cap hit 40 cents , I'm going to cut you before the last payment is due and the rest was tied to incentives like snaps yards whatever that we make sure you fall 1% short of

☝️

the pats screw tom brady over on every contract .

@bronco2078 said:
    the pats screw tom brady over on every contract .

He enables them though. If I were a free agent or coming into a Draft I’d make it abundantly clear I would NOT want to play for Belichick. Look at D Thomas, has a monster preseason game with 2 TD’s then gets cut the next few days, it’s ridiculous

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2, 2019 9:59AM

If I wasn’t born into a Steal Curtain family and hadent had season ticket seats on fifty yard line in 80’s, I pretty sure I would still never be a Dallas Girl fan. 😂

But I do Love Texas.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dallas cannot win a SB without him. Not saying they even have a remote chance of winning with him. Jerry will sign him before Sunday.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cowboys suck!

Just getting my smack warmed up for the upcoming season. :)

@2dueces said:
    Dallas cannot win a SB without him. Not saying they even have a remote chance of winning with him. Jerry will sign him before Sunday.

Don’t sleep on them if they make the playoffs, Cooper was game changer last year for them. They NEED Zeke though, that’s not even remotely debatable

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

that’s not even remotely debatable

i see what you did there

@galaxy27 said:

@perkdog said:

that’s not even remotely debatable

i see what you did there

Yes it’s pretty simple math 😂

I want to see a Pats vs Boys SB

@thisistheshow said:

The chances of the Cowboys getting there are zero.

One of these days Belichick will retire and Brady will get old, but who knows when?

@stevek said:

@thisistheshow said:

One of these days Belichick will retire and Brady will get old, but who knows when?

Because I live near Dallas, I want to see it happen.

As a huge Pats fan, the only problem would be if the Patriots lost I wouldn't be able to listen to sports talk radio for months.

I could see a good Cowboys team making it and losing to a great Patriots team this year......stranger things have happened.

Dallas absolutely could make the Super Bowl, they at least have the same chance as the Eagles. The Cowboys will win that division providing Zeke is back in uniform

And a Patriots vs anyone Super Bowl is what I want, if an actual Pats vs Cowboys Super Bowl happened it would probably get the highest ratings yet

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

@thisistheshow said:

As a huge Pats fan, the only problem would be if the Patriots lost I wouldn't be able to listen to sports talk radio for months.

I could see a good Cowboys team making it and losing to a great Patriots team this year......stranger things have happened.

Yeah it was fun for me too when the Bills lost twice to the Cowboys living in Texas. Took almost 20 years for Cowboy fans to stop reminding me. Finally they all died off and now no one is old enough to remember. 😂😂😂😂 J/K. But it was tough.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

I just looked at it again.

The Cowboys chances of getting to the Super Bowl, are actually below zero.

Sure they have some talent and they'll win some games. But even if they do make the playoffs, there are too many NFC teams that are simply better than them.

Also a big factor is the head coach. Coaching, including game strategy, is a VERY important factor in the playoffs. The fact is not always, but usually, it's great coaches who get to the Super Bowl. Only somebody who just came in off the shrimp boat from Thailand could possibly think that Jason Garrett is a great head coach.

@thisistheshow said:

The Pats and Boys play this season. Maybe it will be a SB preview! :):oB)

@2dueces said:

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

@thisistheshow said:

Yeah it was fun for me too when the Bills lost twice to the Cowboys living in Texas. Took almost 20 years for Cowboy fans to stop reminding me. Finally they all died off and now no one is old enough to remember. 😂😂😂😂 J/K. But it was tough.

I remember those 2 years VERY well. The NFC East took 4 in a row from the Bill's including the 2 beat downs we gave them. That 4th one and 2nd to Dallas had the Bill's HC about ready to cry in the interview after the game. I still get all warm inside thinking about it. B)

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@thisistheshow said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@thisistheshow said:

Did you mean SB preview or BS preview? Because the Cowgirls aren't getting there. We all know that. Which is one reason why Zeke would have preferred to be traded.

As far as the Patriots. Some day the Belichick/Brady winning streak will end. That is a cold hard fact even though some Patriots fans out there, believe those two are immortal, and the winning will go on forever.

I was glad to read that the Philadelphia Eagles were unanimously voted the most beloved team, which comes as absolutely no surprise.

I'm looking forward to the second parade down Broad Street in three years, that is as long as our likely MVP quarterback stays healthy.

@stevek said:

I was glad to read that the Philadelphia Eagles were unanimously voted the most beloved team, which comes as absolutely no surprise.

I'm looking forward to the second parade down Broad Street in three years, that is as long as our likely MVP quarterback stays healthy.

Steve...you need to warn us when you are going to something so funny.......so we won't spit out our soda or coffee! ;)

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

Steve...you need to warn us when you are going to something so funny.......so we won't spit out our soda or coffee! ;)

I sure hope you didn't believe that obvious misprint in the article about the Eagles. CBS I've been told, is in the process of correcting that grievous error.

@stevek .....Eaglett's shut out by Jets.....OH MY !!!!!

edited September 3, 2019 7:47AM

@DIMEMAN said:

The funny thing is the Eagles released that 4th string QB who played the entire game, and your Cowboys just signed him.

I'm not kidding.

Good luck with that. LOL

https://insidetheiggles.com/2019/09/01/former-philadelphia-eagles-qb-clayton-thorson-signs-dallas-cowboys/

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

I sure hope you didn't believe that obvious misprint in the article about the Eagles. CBS I've been told, is in the process of correcting that grievous error.

I agree Steve.....why would anyone be annoyed by a team that wins a SB with the frequency of Haley's Comet!! B)

Putting the Eaglett's in the same sentence with the Cowboys & Pat's is certainly a grievous error. :)

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

The funny thing is the Eagles released that 4th string QB who played the entire game, and your Cowboys just signed him.

I'm not kidding.

Good luck with that. LOL

https://insidetheiggles.com/2019/09/01/former-philadelphia-eagles-qb-clayton-thorson-signs-dallas-cowboys/

Maybe he will do better now that he has somebody he can actually throw to. :D

Dimeman...serious question - Will the Cowboys ever win a Super Bowl in this 21st century?

How about in the 22nd century?

How about before the next Ice Age?

How about before the sun turns into a supernova around four billion years from now?

@stevek said:
    Dimeman...serious question - Will the Cowboys ever win a Super Bowl in this 21st century?

How about before the sun turns into a supernova around four billion years from now?

Steve.......just because it took you that long to win your FIRST.........doesn't mean it will take us that long to get our SIXTH!!

Count'em........One....Two....Three......Four.....Five......... :):):):):)

Nick Foles might bring the Jags to the Super Bowl 🤷‍♂️

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

Steve.......just because it took you that long to win your FIRST.........doesn't mean it will take us that long to get our SIXTH!!

Count'em........One....Two....Three......Four.....Five......... :):):):):)

The Eagles actually have 4 NFL championship rings including the one they won two seasons ago.

edited September 3, 2019 10:06AM

@perkdog said:

It would be Foles folly to believe that might happen.

@perkdog said:

Now wouldn't that be somethin... :D