Home Sports Talk

The Philadelphia Eagles just got stronger

1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
Trotter is back. One more CB and they are poised.
collecting various PSA and SGC cards

Comments

• joker73joker73 Posts: 497
    Reid 1, Trotter 0.

But I like it image
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Philadelphia Eagles are a stone cold, mortal lock to win the NFC. They won't just beat up on NFC teams, they will destroy them. Andy Reid wants blood this year and he is going to get it. Eagles go 14 - 2 and steamroll into the Super Bowl. In their division, the Cowboys will regress from last year - they are an 8 - 8 team at best. Parcells quits after the year is over. The Redskins with Gibbs will start getting better - but won't be good enough this year, 7 - 9 for them. The Giants are absolutely pathetic - a 3 - 13 team if there ever was one. They have no quarterback - Kurt Warner is done and Eli Manning isn't even close yet. The AFC is a different matter - there is some strong competition over there. Should be a good Super Bowl with the Eagles, and maybe the Patriots again.

• 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Stevek, I like your thinking
    1420sports - I'm not saying our Eagles are as good the 1985 Bears. (maybe they are and maybe they'll windup better - the 1985 Bears had a great year but never repeated anything). But this is going to be a fantastic year for our Eagles and I'm really looking forward to it. Part of this is that the Eagles are a very good football team and part of this is that the rest of the NFC absolutely sucks.

I only wish that I was looking forward to Penn State football as much. Unfortunately, it's probably gonna be another long year for Penn State, but I hope that I am totally wrong about that.
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    The NFC South owns the Eagles! Unless then can somehow get lucky and get a red carpeted ride into the
    big game what are they going to do when they get there? We all know that they choke in the big game!
    Better to choke in the NFC Champ game or to choke in the super bowl?

Mark my words...the eagles are NOT winners..Reid isn't smart enough neither is McNad, take your sissy
    division and go 14-2 again because it don't mean squat when you lay down in the big games!

My Bucs would still run all over your D...wait what D..you have none!

JS

GO BUCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Ahhh, the smell of football on the way. Bucs??? Come Awn JS, they are DONE. Seriously its back to reality for your Bucs ! Eagles, yeah they will make the playoffs, but go nowhere.

This is Minnesotas' year.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• I'm no Eagles fan, but I do look for them to take advantage of a rather weak division, and secure a first round "bye" in the playoffs. After that it's, "any given Sunday". However, I do look for the Eagles to win the NFC champ. The NFC south is strong so most of the teams will keep each other down so I doubt the winner of that division will have home-field for more than a game. Minnesota should win the NFC north but then again for God sakes they should have beaten the Cardinals. The NFC west goes nowhere in the playoffs.

Just my two cents,

Brian
  • I really thought the Vikings would make a bid for Trotter or Gildon. I like both players. Apparantley, neither attracted much interest from anyone. Usually, there is a reason for this.
    Collecting PSA and BGS 500 HR & 3000 Hit Club Baseball
    HOF Quarterbacks Football
    The take on Trotter was that he is undisciplined and has a bad knee. Who knows with the knee but he passed the physical. We'll just have to see how the knee holds up. He will be used primarily as a run stuffer and of course knows Jimmy Johnson's defensive scheme so he is a good fit for the Eagles.
    Do I expect Trotter to regain his All Pro form? Nope. I think he will make Simoneau a lot better, as Trotter will be rotated in. And stevek nailed it with the Johnson scheme - Trotter fits right in.

This is the second time this season Reid has picked up a player that goes against his "philosophy" of clubhouse. I think he realizes that players need to get mad after a loss and mainly that this team has come so very close for three seasons.

vikesfan - looking forward to our matchup bro!

edited to add that Joe Stalin will be bleeding green this year .... deep down he is a PhillyPhan
  • achteyachtey Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    I'm glad that I'm the first one to make the bid that GREEN BAY will win the NFC this year. I'm sure you all have heard of our little QB called Brett Favre. I don't care what you say, on his worst day, he can still beat you. Add to the fact that we have Ahman Green, WR-Driver,Walker,Ferguson, and a young and blood hungry defense. We will be the ones to beat, just mark my words.

Josh
    The world meets no one half way. If you want it you have to go get it.

<< <i>I don't care what you say, on his worst day, he can still beat you. >>

4th and 26 ring a bell?

• xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
    VIkings will win the NFC...
    <<4th and 26 ring a bell?>>

FREDDIE!!!

Freddie Mitchell is gonna have one yelluva year with TO being double teamed.
    Freddie isn't even close to that first down until the local ref gave him a great spot, that was one of the worst
    spots I had every seen in all of football! As a matter of fact that spot might be more yards than Mitchell
    will have all this season! How many times does it take the Eagles getting embarrassed at home one
    game form the super bowl for Reid to lose his job?

JS
  • achteyachtey Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    That was nothing more then luck. 4th and 26, I'd like to see everyone's bets right before that play, no one in their right mind would have thought that was a realistic play. Don't worry, it won't happen again.image

Josh
    The world meets no one half way. If you want it you have to go get it.
    Don't worry, it won't happen again

The Eagles won't need that play. They will not lose a single game this season.
    <<The Eagles won't need that play. >>

Absolutely correct! Towards the end of most of the Eagles games this season, the Eagles will have a nice lead and will simply be running out the clock.

<< <i>That was nothing more then luck. >>

No, it was great execution and unbelieveably bad defensive play-calling. Remember, Donatell (the GB defensive coordinator) got canned shortly after the game for basically blowing it ...

But it's all good, because even though Joe thinks it's still 2002, you can't live in the past image.
    Eddie George will make a nice addition too.
  • First sighting of JS "smack talk"!

Joe, if only we can purge you of this demented interest in Tampa Bay and bring you into the light that is an Iggles fan.

Then, you would be perfectly meshed with the Phillies fan you are and be an all Philly guy.

C'mon Joe...join our cult...repeat, after me: Cheesesteaks, water ice, Iggles....image
    As a young kid of 6 I was watching a football game and I vowed to become a fan of the winner...wanna
    guess what game that was back in 1979?

The Eagles just don't have it. They have been taken back to the wood shed too many times, McNadd is not
    a winner and Reid is a joke. I just have one question for you all:

Are you going to run Rocky out there again anytime this season? LOL

JS

When I finally start the smack post of 2004 I expect you ALL to be there!
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

I absolutely miss Joestalin, a top 3 best smack talker in CU history 😂

@perkdog said:

I'm surprised that Stalin hasn't asked for reinstatement. CU has recently reinstated a number of other formally banned long time members.

@1970s said:

@stevek said:
    The Philadelphia Eagles are a stone cold, mortal lock to win the NFC. They won't just beat up on NFC teams, they will destroy them. Andy Reid wants blood this year and he is going to get it. Eagles go 14 - 2 and steamroll into the Super Bowl. In their division, the Cowboys will regress from last year - they are an 8 - 8 team at best. Parcells quits after the year is over. The Redskins with Gibbs will start getting better - but won't be good enough this year, 7 - 9 for them. The Giants are absolutely pathetic - a 3 - 13 team if there ever was one. They have no quarterback - Kurt Warner is done and Eli Manning isn't even close yet. The AFC is a different matter - there is some strong competition over there. Should be a good Super Bowl with the Eagles, and maybe the Patriots again.

Good call. Called 14-2 Super Bowl against Patriots.
    Finished 13-3 with Super Bowl against Patriots.

What's going to happen this year stevie boy ?

You'll find out when i begin the official Philadelphia Eagles 2019 season thread in a couple months. ;)

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hoping for a Viking Eagles NFC Championship game!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

I'm surprised that Stalin hasn't asked for reinstatement. CU has recently reinstated a number of other formally banned long time members.

Probably doesn’t know let alone even check in anymore