Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins

WTB - Spanish colonial portrait coins

YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

want to buy Charles III bust colonial Latin American pieces, especially nicer silver.
If so, please PM me with you have and are looking to get for it.

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.

Comments

• jayPemjayPem Posts: 4,018 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a couple of pcgs 8 reales..
    😀

• BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2019 3:47PM
  • YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Boosibri said:
    63+ $2000

Thanks, Brian but I am looking for Charles III pieces, mainly 8 reales. Charles IV and Ferdinand pieces just don’t excite me for whatever reason.
    Also, 1/2’s & 1’s are too small for my taste so I guess I can’t be considered a true type collector.

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.

oops, thought I read CIIII. My Fault!

TTT

TTT

• jgennjgenn Posts: 735 ✭✭✭✭✭

What grades are you willing to acquire? I sent several off to Heritage ranging from VF30 to AU58. Most will end up in the weekly world auctions. I do have a few more CIII bust 8Rs I will part with soon.

@jgenn said:
    What grades are you willing to acquire? I sent several off to Heritage ranging from VF30 to AU58. Most will end up in the weekly world auctions. I do have a few more CIII bust 8Rs I will part with soon.

Probably AU-MS, but it depends on the eye appeal.

• jgennjgenn Posts: 735 ✭✭✭✭✭

AU-MS with great eye appeal describes @OriginalDan's collection.

• TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jgenn said:

He'll have to fight a few of us for those C3's if Dan ever decides to part with them ;)

@TwoKopeiki said:

@jgenn said:

He'll have to fight a few of us for those C3's if Dan ever decides to part with them ;)

I was lucky enough to get this one from Dan

TTT

TTT

Still looking

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got some culls...

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
    edited August 23, 2019 4:10AM

Low grade, but cheap.

1778-FM Mexico City 2R. Asking $19, but name your own price.

If that one ain't spooky or slick enough for ya , ;) I've got a mixed lot of all four of the lower denominations (half-real, 1-real, 2-reales, and 4-reales) for 30 bucks OBO.

The 4-reales is Chuckie the Fourth, not Third. The 2R and 4R are Bolivian, from Potosí. The half-real is from Mexico City. The one-real is an undetermined slick, but attributable as Chuckie the Third.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

LordM,
    Not what I’m looking for but thanks.

I figured you might want something a bit nicer. :)

TTT

Still looking