Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

SOLD - FSHO - 1851 Type 1 Gold Dollar $1 MS64+ PCGS w/CAC - PCGS Pop only 18.

winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 7, 2019 12:50PM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

I am a collector, and not a dealer, but some may argue that point since I am offering this coin for sale to a wide audience.

I have available for sale an 1851 Gold Dollar, graded MS64+ by PCGS with a CAC. I just replaced this coin in my 12 Piece Gold Type Set. It's gorgeous, with extremely limited marks, even color, no copper spots, strong strike, and very high luster - all factors on both the obverse and reverse. See the two photos.

There have been 799 graded MS64 and MS64+ by PCGS and NGC (382 by PCGS, 417 by NGC), but only 59 of those 799 merit a CAC (7.4%). Of the 382 graded MS64 or MS64+ by PCGS, only 18 merit the “+” (only 4.7%).

I bought this coin a bit more than two years ago from Vic and Sherry Bozarth. Many of you may know of them – very honest (and nice) people. While values have indeed come down since then, at that time Vic required a premium be paid for this specific coin due to its outstanding eye appeal. I trust him, so I paid $1,600.

My price is $985 via regular PayPal (no PP Gift Payments).

Terms: Full 7-day return privilege from when you sign for receipt of the coin. I am so confident you will like this coin, that unlike many sellers, I will pay for the cost of return shipping if you don't like coin. All returns must use a prepaid return label that requires my signature upon redelivery to me that I will email you in the unlikely event you are unhappy.

I will only ship to a person in the U.S. with a U.S. mailing address. Due to the value, a signature will be required. I will ship FedEx Priority Overnight at my expense (expected delivery is the next business day by 10:30 am, but this is NOT guaranteed). However, if shipping to a P.O. Box, I will then ship by USPS Priority Mail (typical 2 to 3-day delivery), and a signature will still be required. I will email you the tracking number. We will provide each other with a valid email address as well.

Please message ANY questions.
Winesteven

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
Tagged:

Comments