Home Sports Talk

Meanwhile, somewhere in Dallas, Texas

1970s1970s Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 1, 2019 3:29PM

Second time today, on this very same forum, my feelings have be run roughshod over.

Pretty funny though lol

I'm going to look on bright side and see this pic as an omen for things to come.

Thanks for the juju😁

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lawnmowerman said:
    Second time today, on this very same forum, my feelings have be run roughshod over.

Pretty funny though lol

I'm going to look on bright side and see this pic as an omen for things to come.

Thanks for the juju😁

It's happened 5 times for real...….no foolin' :)B)

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

Long live Jerry Jones....the bestest NFL owner of all time.

@stevek said:

Shaddap

@DIMEMAN said:

@lawnmowerman said:

Pretty funny though lol

Thanks for the juju😁

It's happened 5 times for real...….no foolin' :)B)

Yes but that happened when I was in my young 20s. You can only be content so long after winning a super bowl and my contentment ran out in 1996. Super Bowl championships have an expiration date and ours is long since expired

@lawnmowerman said:

@stevek said:

Shaddap

Them's fightin' words.

I foresee an avatar bet, Eagles versus Cowboys, coming in the Fall. 🏈

@stevek said:

@lawnmowerman said:

@stevek said:

Shaddap

Them's fightin' words.

Yes!!! I'm in🤣

@lawnmowerman said:

@stevek said:

@lawnmowerman said:

@stevek said:

Shaddap

Them's fightin' words.

Yes!!! I'm in🤣

That's good, it'll give me plenty of time to pick out a real nice pic of Carson Wentz for ya. ;)

@stevek said:

@lawnmowerman said:

@stevek said:

@lawnmowerman said:

@stevek said:

Shaddap

Them's fightin' words.

Yes!!! I'm in🤣

That's good, it'll give me plenty of time to pick out a real nice pic of Carson Wentz for ya. ;)

K thanks. I do need a new dartboard target

I don't like Jerry either......but he did make it possible for our 3 SB wins in a 4 year stretch by making that trade with the Vikings! We gave them Hershel Walker and got the "world". We won 3 SB's......Walker turned to chit! ;)

@DIMEMAN said:
    I don't like Jerry either......but he did make it possible for our 3 SB wins in a 4 year stretch by making that trade with the Vikings! We gave them Hershel Walker and got the "world". We won 3 SB's......Walker turned to chit! ;)

Yes, Jerry did make that possible because he bought the team and hired his college teammate Jimmy Johnson. Jerry does deserve credit for that.

However we all know that Johnson was the brains behind building that great Cowboys team with the Walker trade, and then drafting the right players, Aikman, Smith, etc.

So Jerry must take the blame for one of the worst firings of a head coach in NFL history. And Jerry with his enormous ego, must be blamed for his thinking to this day that he has the skill to be a great GM, which obviously he doesn't possess that skill.

edited April 2, 2019 5:12AM

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Yes, Jerry did make that possible because he bought the team and hired his college teammate Jimmy Johnson. Jerry does deserve credit for that.

However we all know that Johnson was the brains behind building that great Cowboys team with the Walker trade, and then drafting the right players, Aikman, Smith, etc.

So Jerry must take the blame for one of the worst firings of a head coach in NFL history. And Jerry with his enormous ego, must be blamed for his thinking to this day that he has the skill to be a great GM, which obviously he doesn't possess that skill.

Very true!!!! Which is why he is your favorite owner and my least favorite owner. ;)B)

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Very true!!!! Which is why he is your favorite owner and my least favorite owner. ;)B)

The Cowboys do have a decent core right now. Admittedly, if they can add some pieces to the puzzle, the right pieces, they could be dangerous.

The problem though is Jerry has proven time and time again that he doesn't have the skill to properly evaluate the right talent that he needs to make the Cowboys into a championship team.

I mean any dope can select players in the first round and at least some of them will become good players. But the key to a championship is finding those hidden gems in the later rounds, and signing free agents that are a good fit for the team.