Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

NEWP: 1868 Franz Joseph 3rd German Shooting Festival in Vienna Thaler

ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bought this 1868 Thaler for the 3rd German Shooting Festival in Vienna to add to the other festival Thalers I have.

1868 Austria, Emperor Franz Joseph I (1848 – 1916). 3rd German Federal Shooting Festival in Vienna. Shooting Thaler (1 Feinthaler). Designer: Seidan. DAV-28, KM-XM8; Thun-46. Vienna Mint. Obv: Wreathed and togate female allegorical figure, shouldering fasces and hanging a shield with a double-headed imperial eagle on an oak-tree. Designer´s signature (SEIDAN) below ground. Legend: WIR WOLLEN SEIN EIN EINIG VOLK VON BRÜDERN ("We (the German nations of the Empire) want to be united people of brothers!"). Rev: Imperial crown above nimbate double-headed eagle with shield of Vienna at chest. Legend: III DEUTSCHES BUNDES (1 Fthlr) SCHIESSEN WIEN 1868 ("3rd German Federal (1 Fine Thaler) Shooting Vienna 1868"). PCGS MS-65.

1880 Austria. Emperor Franz Joseph I (1848 – 1916) 2 Florin. Vienna Mint. 36mm. Engraver Anton Scharff. DAV-32. KM-XM6. Peltzer, 1932; Hauser 5101; Thun 465. Frühwald 1911. Steulm. P.125, 1; ANK 55; 1911.Struck to commemorate the First Federal Shooting Festival On the occasion of the Austrian Confederation in Vienna, 1880. Obv: Crowned Double Eagle in Coat of Arms. Rev. Standing city goddess, Vindobona, with flag and coat of arms next to the sitting Austria. Lightly-patinated surfaces accented by iridescent hues of turquoise and amber residing within the reverse motifs. Intricately-designed and with undeniable eye-appeal, endlessly collectible at this Gem level of preservation. PCGS MS-65.

1885 Emperor Franz Joseph I (1848-1916) 2 Florin. 36mm. 22.28g. Commemorative issue for the 2nd Austrian Federal Marksmanship Shooting Festival at Innsbruck. Vienna Mint. Horsky-6309. Peltzer-1879. Design: A. Scharff and A. Busson. Obv: Emperor Maximilian I crowned as the winner in Tyrolean hunting dress, crossbow on the right shoulder. Rev: Coat of arms, double eagle. Superb iridescent toning with lots of underlying luster. NGC MS-66.

Comments