Home Sports Talk

Opinion

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it safe to open the 10 year old science Brady thread? Will it make me cringe? I try not to open those I think might. Am I missing anything?

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t remember it. Im up to discuss it

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    Is it safe to open the 10 year old science Brady thread? Will it make me cringe? I try not to open those I think might. Am I missing anything?

m

I bolted after about 30 posts. Don't really remember why though.

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,571 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, that was a long time ago. I was still in high school back then.

;)

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

More threads about Tom Brady?

ABSOLUTELY!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not worth your time Mark. Just some stupid remarks by Hammer1.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12, 2019 12:59PM

Edelman vs Bonds? I haven’t touched that one either :#

My guess it’s not about them fighting on pay per view

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

m

close your eyes, take a deep breath, and try to imagine what is going on over there

then calmly close the browser and go about your day

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

close your eyes, take a deep breath, and try to imagine what is going on over there

then calmly close the browser and go about your day

Ok I’m officially convinced.

m

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

More precious things to do with my time. Debate is fine, but to go on and on and on about nebulous crap that reaches no viable consensus is truly just a waste of time. Everyone has an opinion of everything, here, we have Brady supporters and Brady haters. Brady doesn't put any bread on my table, but I certainly respect his ability as a football player, his accomplishments should speak for themselves, unfortunately, they do not in some circles.

Why dig on old dirt again? Focus on family, health and the good things in your daily life. I only write that to offer perspective on the futile effort to regurgitate old and negative stuff.

On a personal note...yesterday I went through a heart catherization procedure and will undergo a heart ablation procedure a week from Friday. I only share this because life is a very short ride. My experience yesterday, while positive, will make you really, really appreciate what your have, especially when they roll you into the operating room. Point is, why waste time, every day is a gift, not for throwing mud on each other.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MCMLVTopps said:
    More precious things to do with my time. Debate is fine, but to go on and on and on about nebulous crap that reaches no viable consensus is truly just a waste of time. Everyone has an opinion of everything, here, we have Brady supporters and Brady haters. Brady doesn't put any bread on my table, but I certainly respect his ability as a football player, his accomplishments should speak for themselves, unfortunately, they do not in some circles.

Why dig on old dirt again? Focus on family, health and the good things in your daily life. I only write that to offer perspective on the futile effort to regurgitate old and negative stuff.

On a personal note...yesterday I went through a heart catherization procedure and will undergo a heart ablation procedure a week from Friday. I only share this because life is a very short ride. My experience yesterday, while positive, will make you really, really appreciate what your have, especially when they roll you into the operating room. Point is, why waste time, every day is a gift, not for throwing mud on each other.

Totally agree with you. Hope everything goes great for you during your procedure.

@MCMLVTopps said:

Hope that you get better soon!

And you are correct about wasting time debating non vital issues. Way better things to spend the extra hours on.

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,571 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MCMLVTopps said:

Hope everything goes as well as possible.

You may not wish to hear this right now, but then again perhaps you might so I'll say it. You're going to need to undergo a change in your diet. Perhaps a dramatic change. You have a decision to make...which do you want to please more, your heart or your taste buds?

The really good news is that the heart is an extremely strong organ. Unless a heart attack occurs, and it's not administered to quickly, and a portion of the heart dies...that cannot ever heal. But a partially or even badly clogged heart can unclog itself with proper diet, and medicine if necessary.

A sound diet along with the right vitamins and nutrients can definitely help a heart to function better in all aspects.

Good luck!

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sincerely thank all of you...

To stevek's advice...my "problem" is a 3rd heartbeat, not an arterial heart blockage. Actually, several tests have shown that 42% of my heartbeats contain a PVC, a premature ventricular contraction. My procedure on the 22nd, will hopefully isolate and actually "burn" the electrical signal to my ticker that causes the problem. My heart catheterization yesterday was to "check the plumbing". Lucky for me no blockages or other issues. Dr said for my age, I've got a strong heart. But I do agree with a bit of a change in diet. Tks stevek. Once the propofol hits me at about 10AM on the 22nd, it'll be all good.

Not to get gross, but the surgeon went through my wrist...I can barely see the mark...AMAZING stuff they do today!!

Life is indeed a very short ride, debate, but appreciate one another.

Thank you all again!!
    Al

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

Al I again want to wish you the very best of luck and a speedy recovery from this. Be well my friend and see you back soon

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MCMLVTopps Good luck on the 22nd! What you wrote is meaningful and an important message to share. Thank you!