Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS Restoration Submission Question.

FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this type of submission entered into the PCGS system differently than a regular submission? PCGS has had the submission since 2-4 which was Monday and so far no Email or anything to me.

Thanks Much.
Ken

Comments

• Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't speak for the internal process....But the one time I submitted for restoration, it appeared on the website and had the same notifications as any other submission.

Keep in mind that they are just a week removed from the Long Beach show, and probably have a backlog of submissions. The one I turned in on Friday, 1 Feb, finally got "accepted" on Wednesday, 6 Feb. I wouldn't start worrying just yet...

Easily distracted Type Collector
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

A telephone call to customer service would likely answer your question.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Sandman70gtSandman70gt Posts: 979 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've only submitted one coin for restoration and it did take longer to show up.
    And I agree with Tommytype they probably have some backlog as well.

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• Options
    Peace_dollar88Peace_dollar88 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have only submitted once and it took 17 business days for the whole process. I think like others have stated they are back logged.

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have had restoration take a couple months. Time to sit back and be patient.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file