Home Sports Talk

Your three most boring sports to watch.

1970s1970s Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭

These are the sports that you can't stand to watch. You'd probably choose two consecutive hours of listening to your ex wife berate you then watch this garbage.

Comments

• HallcoHallco Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

Long distance running
    Fishing
    Weight lifting

Interesting on these...I don't mind doing any of them, I just don't like to watch anyone else! Lol

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everything except football and baseball.

With the exception of I do like the track & field events at the Olympics once every four years.

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

basketball
    tennis
    soccer

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

Regular season MLB, Soccer, NASCAR

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

MLB regular season
    NBA regular season
    NASCAR

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

NASCAR
    NBA Basketball
    Tennis

Andy

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

badminton
    polo
    lawn bowling

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

NASCAR, Curling, Cycling

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can no longer watch NFL, non WS MLB and non championship series NBA.

And with the WS I'll put it on the radio and putz around the computer. No athletic event should run much past 3 hours.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    badminton
    polo
    lawn bowling

Surely these aren't televised sports are they.

I can watch most sports except soccer and hockey. Oh and bowling.

• breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭✭✭

NBA regular season
    NFL preseason
    All-star games for any sport

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2019 7:07PM

The Pro Bowl

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@Darin said:
    badminton
    polo
    lawn bowling

The badminton championships were just televised on ESPN 8 the Ocho. I watched a little bit out of
    curiosity but just not my sport, though I admit when the shuttlecock is in the air anything can happen.
    As far as polo is concerned, my feeling is if we were able to wipe out polio in this country then we damn
    well should be able to wipe out polo. And lawn bowling is becoming more popular every day, though
    trying to get a 16 lb. bowling ball rolling across a well manicured lawn is more of a challenge than I care to take on.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

Another is women's beach volleyball.

All the men watching it, hoping the girl's tops or bottoms accidentally slip off.

Absolutely disgusting! 🤪

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Darin said:
    badminton
    polo
    lawn bowling

The badminton championships were just televised on ESPN 8 the Ocho. I watched a little bit out of
    curiosity but just not my sport, though I admit when the shuttlecock is in the air anything can happen.
    As far as polo is concerned, my feeling is if we were able to wipe out polio in this country then we damn
    well should be able to wipe out polo. And lawn bowling is becoming more popular every day, though
    trying to get a 16 lb. bowling ball rolling across a well manicured lawn is more of a challenge than I care to take on.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kHltCzuwlOs

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

Off the top of my head (and more than three):

NASCAR, Rhythmic Gymnastics, Golf, Baseball, Fishing, Curling, Bocce and Bi-Athalon.

All of these are boring to watch on TV and in person.

Also I will add Competitive Eating. In person or on TV, it is just disgusting and gross.

• larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭

I agree with many:
    auto racing, fishing and non-Olympic long distance running.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Soccer, Golf, Nascar.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2019 8:46PM

Soccer is always boring. I can not get into it no mattter how hard I try. It’s easy to understand why the best soccer announcers are noted for yelling, “gooooooal!!!!!!!!!!!” That’s to wake up the fans who fell asleep 45 minutes ago, five minutes into the game.

The Pro Bowl is a joke, but I can easily understand why. Why end a great player’s career in a meaningless game? Years ago the Tampa team lost a great running back when he wrecked his knee in a stupid, meaningless Pro Bowl exhibition football game that was held on the beach.

NASCAR is boring. The only tine it gets interesting is when there is a big pile-up, which like rooting for the lions to eat the Christians.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

@DIMEMAN said:

@Darin said:
    badminton
    polo
    lawn bowling

Soccer I cannot watch. Hockey Night in Canada was go to TV in Detroit. Bowling was great on Sunday mornings.

• JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭

Soccer and Nascar far outdistance everyone else. fishing would be my third. As to all the bowling haters out there, I can understand because you can't really appreciate the intricacies of the game. If you are even semi-serious about the game and understand the wide variety of factors involved, it's just great watching those guys perform under those conditions. I know I'm probably in the minority here, but do we have any other bowlers in this thread to back me up??
    And thank god, spring training has begun, which means baseball is not very far away!

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

Darts,Curling,Arm Wrestling.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭

curling...is that even on TV other than for the Olympics?

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Soccer.
    Curling.
    any Marathon or Long Distance event.

@JRR300 said:
    curling...is that even on TV other than for the Olympics?

Used to watch it as a kid in Detroit from the nearby Canadian station. Sort of like watching bowling or golf. Enjoyable for a while but you are not jumping in the air knocking your drink over.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12, 2019 5:39AM

Curling makes the list seriously?

Watch women curling in those skintight outfits and you will change your tune. You all are probably the same knuckleheads that are transfixed by college football and shut the tv off when women's volleyball comes on I bet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4TB9LJpWFE

• VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

I have to ask - is fishing really a sport?

@VikingDude said:

not for the fish

@VikingDude said:

It is in the darts, billiards, beer guzzling category.

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

Watch women curling in those skintight outfits and you will change your tune. You all are probably the same knuckleheads that are transfixed by college football and shut the tv off when women's volleyball comes on I bet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4TB9LJpWFE

This list is flawed, Anastasia Bryzgalova is not on it, blasphemy.

@bronco2078 said:

I couldn't get thru that video without.....never mind. :|

@VikingDude said:

If ya live in a van down by the river after betting it all on the Rams in the Super Bowl, it's a sustenance necessity. :/

@JRR300 said:
    Soccer and Nascar far outdistance everyone else. fishing would be my third. As to all the bowling haters out there, I can understand because you can't really appreciate the intricacies of the game. If you are even semi-serious about the game and understand the wide variety of factors involved, it's just great watching those guys perform under those conditions. I know I'm probably in the minority here, but do we have any other bowlers in this thread to back me up??
    And thank god, spring training has begun, which means baseball is not very far away!

I don't consider many of the mentioned "games" actually sports. Soccer qualifies, and is a snoozefest.

Golf, Nascar, Bowling, fishing don't really seem like "sports" to me. More like activities or games. Yes, they require skill, but so does tiddlywinks or marbles.

I bowled in a work league and a couples league for years. Really enjoyed it! Never got TOO serious about it, but I did go from throwing a straight ball to a semi-fingertip fancy (at the time) ball, and learn the game. Can be quite fun. REALLY great when you let go of the ball and just KNOW it's going to be a STRIKE!

I was channel surfing just the other day and bowling came on, watched for a few frames and moved on.

I used to golf with my father, who loved the game, it could be fun to play, but can't watch for too long.

Played a little soccer too, boringest sport ever to watch. Absolutely baffled as to how it can be the "worlds most popular sport".

People often say "you just don't understand the game" well, I understand them, they are just boring to watch.

Baseball is creeping up there as a boring sport to watch as well. It's already a slower paced game that is getting way too slow. Tell the pitchers to throw the ball and the hitters to get in there and hit!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

@JoeBanzai said:

@JRR300 said:

I don't consider many of the mentioned "games" actually sports. Soccer qualifies, and is a snoozefest.

Golf, Nascar, Bowling, fishing don't really seem like "sports" to me. More like activities or games. Yes, they require skill, but so does tiddlywinks or marbles.

I bowled in a work league and a couples league for years. Really enjoyed it! Never got TOO serious about it, but I did go from throwing a straight ball to a semi-fingertip fancy (at the time) ball, and learn the game. Can be quite fun. REALLY great when you let go of the ball and just KNOW it's going to be a STRIKE!

I was channel surfing just the other day and bowling came on, watched for a few frames and moved on.

I used to golf with my father, who loved the game, it could be fun to play, but can't watch for too long.

Played a little soccer too, boringest sport ever to watch. Absolutely baffled as to how it can be the "worlds most popular sport".

People often say "you just don't understand the game" well, I understand them, they are just boring to watch.

Baseball is creeping up there as a boring sport to watch as well. It's already a slower paced game that is getting way too slow. Tell the pitchers to throw the ball and the hitters to get in there and hit!

golf boring to watch , fun to play . When I worked at the country club I could squeeze in 6 holes in 20 minutes just before dark . Everyone was off the course , I'd be riding a cushman from one hole to the next.

Of course being on the clock ostensibly working while I played helped with the enjoyment level B)

It was a given that if you worked there you would be able to play more than people who actually paid to get on the course. You were never going to get 18 holes all at once though.

@bronco2078 said:

Of course being on the clock ostensibly working while I played helped with the enjoyment level B)

My hero!

• garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

Nascar
    Golf
    Soccer

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭

Golf, golf and golf.

• Fishing
    Tennis
    Chess

Omne ignotum pro magnifico
    My gear: Fenix HL50 / Fiskars Digging Shovel / Garrett AT Pro

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi, hello, how are ya? - welcome - :)

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭

in order

land snail racing
    competitive ocean swimming
    wnba basketball

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
    edited February 22, 2019 2:29AM

Saturday on Wide World of Sports, everything was exciting.