Home Precious Metals

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

early bitcoin users denounced gold as a useless metal and not valued as money

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems like gold is always the refuge from other areas... When other investments go down, gold is where the money flows...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2019 12:12PM

they don't know what they want they just need to do something !!!!

A guy i once worked for as a framer hated to see people not moving . He would yell "Do something even if its wrong! "

That an investment strategy Just do something even if its wrong, don't just stand there , at least you will generate money for the middlemen and the irs

I've seen it in the stock market too. Its not important if you make money as long as you have a good story to tell at parties.

Pssssst I have a tip for you , get in on the ground floor , Callaway golf Metal woods !!! *

• the above stock tip is historical in nature , if you wish to profit from it please set your time machine to 1993
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

GOLD !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had no doubt they would be coming back. Too bad they sold real assets for $10K+ imaginary digits in the first place but as the saying goes; "Education ain't cheap!"

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought the crypto thing was stupid all along and still do. No offense meant to other members, but I never liked it.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:
    I thought the crypto thing was stupid all along and still do. No offense meant to other members, but I never liked it.

Agree. Bitcoin is invisible, make believe, fake money.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nobody ever explained how bitcoin was supposed to be totally anonymous and non-trackable, especially after it became apparent that gains from bitcoin transactions could indeed be tracked and taxed.

After the attempt by the government to force the issuance of a 1099 for every transaction over $600, bitcoin looked attractive as a way to fight back against excessive bureaucratic overreach and oppressive government control over every private transaction.

Bitcoin also looked attractive as a low-cost and somewhat secure way to avoid banking system fees. It still does, but there are too many weak points to justify getting involved, including the possibility that the government and banks will both eventually be behind any financial transaction system that uses blockchain.

It's a never-ending attempt to tax and charge a fee for every single private transaction that ever takes place, by people who have no other qualification or purpose than to siphon energy from the work that other people actually do.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

You go, Jmski

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.