Merideth

Green Bay

Rodgers
    Favre
    Starr
    Majkowski
    Dickey

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2019 5:53PM

Dallas:

1. Roger Staubach
    2. Troy Aikman
    3. Danny White
    4. Tony Romo
    5. Craig Morton

Green Bay
    1. Bart Starr
    2. Brett Favre
    3. Aaron Rodgers
    4. Arnie Herber
    5. Tobin Rote

Steve

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dallas:

Staubach
    Aikman
    White
    Merideth
    Prescott

G.B.:

Farve
    Starr
    Rodgers

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't see Bernie Kosar on any of the Dallas lists.

@Coinstartled said:
    Don't see Bernie Kosar on any of the Dallas lists.

That's because it wasn't. ;)

• larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭

Dallas
    1. Larry Allen

Green Bay

@larryallen73 said:
    Dallas
    1. Larry Allen

Green Bay

Larry Allen a great member of that BEST O-LINE ever in the NFL!

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

these are yesterdays teams , neither will ever win another superbowl. Making any lists about them would require studying ancient history.

Dallas
    1-4 old men in leather helmets
    5. Announcer with buck teeth vaguely resembles hr puffinstuf

Green Bay
    1-4 old men in leather helmets
    5 overated geezer coach
    147 Brett favre

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25, 2019 3:55AM

Staubach, Aikman, Romo, Prescott, White. Favre, Starr, Rodgers, Rote

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m throwing it out there that the Green Bay Packers are the most overrated Franchise in the NFL. And Aaron Rodgers is the most overhyped overrated QB

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Len Dawson
    2. Patrick Mahomes
    3. Trent Green
    4. Alex Smith
    5. Joe Montana

Honorable mention Bill Kenney

Above is based on playing time with the Chiefs, not 49'ers or of course Montana would be higher.
    And just a matter of time before 2 replaces 1.
    And who are the Cowboys and Packers again?

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

Aikman sucked, team carried him to Super Bowl victories.
    The anti- Tom Brady, if you will.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

@Darin said:
    1. Len Dawson
    2. Patrick Mahomes
    3. Trent Green
    4. Alex Smith
    5. Joe Montana

Honorable mention Bill Kenney

Above is based on playing time with the Chiefs, not 49'ers or of course Montana would be higher.
    And just a matter of time before 2 replaces 1.
    And who are the Cowboys and Packers again?

i rewatched the game today. KC should have won but Mahomes's receivers let him down. they did not show up to play. Also I think Andy Reid did screw up clock management in the 4th not just the second, they scored way too fast Pats should not have got the ball back with enough time to score

Mahomes wasn't really blameless himself. Missed a wide open Damien Williams streaking for the end zone
    in the first half. Could have been 14-7 at half.
    I think he will correct mistakes like that in the future. He will think about throws like that before just
    instinctively rifling it out there. I think one thing he needs to work on is knowing the speed of the receivers.
    He can't just fire away like everyone is Tyreek Hill.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

dunno if this was touched on previously, but the fact that Tyreek had only THREE targets and ONE(!) catch the entire game is a defensive game plan executed to perfection

when Steve's hands get tired from rubbing BB down i'll step in for a few minutes because that was highly impressive. i didn't think anyone could silence that jackrabbit

@1970s said:
    I wanted to find out if people put Danny White ahead of Tony Romo, or vice versa.
    I see it's a mixed vote.

It's a fact that Danny White was better than Romo.

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

the KC loss is just another reason to dispel with all the "Andy Reid is one of the best HC's of his era" which was starting to circulate prior to/during that game.

@DIMEMAN said:

@1970s said:
    I wanted to find out if people put Danny White ahead of Tony Romo, or vice versa.
    I see it's a mixed vote.

For those of you (Mark and Grote) who think this is funny go out and google a compare on the two. ;)

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@1970s said:
    I see it's a mixed vote.

For those of you (Mark and Grote) who think this is funny go out and google a compare on the two. ;)

White was definitely a better punter.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@1970s said:
    I see it's a mixed vote.

White also won 5 times as many playoff games as Romo and took Dallas to 3 straight Conference Championship games.

I'll take White over Romo any day and 3 times on Sunday! ;)

edited January 26, 2019 10:30PM

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@1970s said:
    I see it's a mixed vote.

White also won 5 times as many playoff games as Romo and took Dallas to 3 straight Conference Championship games.

Those Dallas teams for which White played were also better than the teams Romo played for. Unless you think football is tennis.

You can take White all you want and that's perfectly fine but he still wasn't better than Romo.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@1970s said:
    I see it's a mixed vote.

Those Dallas teams for which White played were also better than the teams Romo played for. Unless you think football is tennis.

You can take White all you want and that's perfectly fine but he still wasn't better than Romo.

I just knew I could count on you for that. You always have that same excuse for Romo. When in fact at times Romo had just about as good a team as White and Aikman. The difference is White and Aikman got it done. Aikman even more so!

Romo was a choke artist.....everyone out here seems to know that except you and Mark!

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@1970s said:
    I see it's a mixed vote.

I just knew I could count on you for that. You always have that same excuse for Romo. When in fact at times Romo had just about as good a team as White and Aikman. The difference is White and Aikman got it done. Aikman even more so!

Romo was a choke artist.....everyone out here seems to know that except you and Mark!

"When in fact at times Romo had just about as good a team as White and Aikman."

LOL, thanks for the laugh! I knew I could count on you for that, too.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@1970s said:
    I see it's a mixed vote.

At your suggestion I did. The very first 3 polls I found all had Romo at #3 and White behind him so it’s obviously not a fact. I’m sure if I looked up more polls most would have Romo #3. It doesn’t mean it’s right it just means that the majority of people think Romo is better then White. IMO it’s not even close.

m

https://www.axs.com/top-5-dallas-cowboys-quarterbacks-of-all-time-38948

https://nflspinzone.com/2017/06/13/dallas-cowboys-5-best-quarterbacks-all-time/3/

https://heavy.com/sports/2017/04/dallas-cowboys-top-quarterbacks-qb-of-all-time-list-rankings-stats-where-tony-romo-troy-aikman-roger-staubach/

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

@1970s said:
    My opinion. Romo was a more talented QB then White. White played within his abilities and didn't try to do too much. Romo, because of his better abilities, did try to do too much at times, which cost his team. Some would say White didn't have to do too much because he could rely on his good teams to have him just manage the game, while Romo had to try to do too much because his teams weren't that great. I think if Romo played on Danny White's teams, and just played within himself, he would be looked on more favorably. I think because of Romo's great mistakes, he should be punished on the scale of greatness.

Romo had to carry his Cowboys teams on his back. They had a shell of a defense and not as many weapons on offense.

m

I don't know how anyone can look at what White did in post season compared to what Romo did and call Romo better.??????

• JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭

Cowboys. Philly fans just don't care!!!!!!

Packers Starr, Favre, Rodgers hey're about the only three I can remember that were worth remembering.

edited January 27, 2019 11:17AM

Aikman is certainly the most overrated of the Dallas QBs. I've looked at his stats, very pedestrian.
    The running game and the defense carried the Dallas teams during Aikmans' time there.

Only one time did Aikman have more than 20 TD passes in a season, with 23.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21

@Darin said:
    Aikman is certainly the most overrated of the Dallas QBs. I've looked at his stats, very pedestrian.
    The running game and the defense carried the Dallas teams during Aikmans' time there.

Only one time did Aikman have more than 20 TD passes in a season, with 23.

Agree.

m

edited January 27, 2019 11:41AM

I did. That’s why J have Romo #3 and White #4. BTW The article drawed no conclusion. White played on much better teams. That is a fact

FYI in case you didn’t notice the article was written in 2012. Romo had some of his best years after this article was written. So again not that close IMO

m

@Justacommeman said:

I did. That’s why J have Romo #3 and White #4. BTW The article drawed no conclusion. White played on much better teams. That is a fact

FYI in case you didn’t notice the article was written in 2012. Romo had some of his best years after this article was written. So again not that close IMO

m

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on Romo. You like him and to me he was an all time choke artist and I am glad he his gone.

To rag on Aikman is laughable!

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on Romo. You like him and to me he was an all time choke artist and I am glad he his gone.

To rag on Aikman is laughable!

Not ragging on Aikman. He was great. Just a bit over rated that’s all

m

I'll give Aikman the benefit of the doubt then and say he was a pretty good QB because he did have to
    hand the ball off to Emmitt Smith a lot. If he didn't have Emmitt and still had the great Dallas O line I'm sure
    his numbers would look much better if he had to pass the ball more.
    He was maybe a victim of circumstances and didn't have as many passing attempts as a lot of his contemporaries.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21

Aikman was a great QB. The Cowboys were a run oriented team which hurt his numbers. But he was one of the most accurate passers in the NFL.

@DIMEMAN said:
    Aikman was a great QB. The Cowboys were a run oriented team which hurt his numbers. But he was one of the most accurate passers in the NFL.

He could play through a concussion too

@DIMEMAN said:

He was #36 all time.

m

• lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

_

I don't know how anyone can look at what White did in post season compared to what Romo did and call Romo better.??????

So, by your reasoning, Bob Griese was a far superior QB than Marino?

Its always the same argument with you. Romo did not win it all so it was all his fault. i believe than Danny White did have better teams than Romo, although they were on the decline. But, to say that Romo and Aikman had essentially the same teams is an absolute joke and casts light on how little your knowledge really is.

Damn you lightningboy. I’ve been saving Griese/ Marino for a special occasion

m

@lightningboy said:
    _

So, by your reasoning, Bob Griese was a far superior QB than Marino?

Its always the same argument with you. Romo did not win it all so it was all his fault. i believe than Danny White did have better teams than Romo, although they were on the decline. But, to say that Romo and Aikman had essentially the same teams is an absolute joke and casts light on how little your knowledge really is.

I have never said that Romo and Aikman had the same team. Romo did have Dez in his prime and a RB named Murrey(sp).

Sure Aikman had a great team, but he still had to do his part and he did it great. Whereas Romo cost the Cowboys games by choking at crunch times. Most everyone out here has agreed to that except for a few Romo lovers. I don't know if they actually believe it or if they are just messing with me.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@1970s said:
    I see it's a mixed vote.

Was he a better choker than RANDY MOSS?

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

@JoeBanzai said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@1970s said:
    I see it's a mixed vote.

I don't even remember Moss being a choker. He pretty much caught any ball he could reach.

@DIMEMAN said:

I don't even remember Moss being a choker. He pretty much caught any ball he could reach.

And Romo had great numbers.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

@JoeBanzai said:

@DIMEMAN said:

True. I never said he didn't have the numbers. He just choked under pressure. I'm glad he is gone and in the booth calling games. He is great at that.

@1970s said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@DIMEMAN said:

True. I never said he didn't have the numbers. He just choked under pressure. I'm glad he is gone and in the booth calling games. He is great at that.

Can you think of any other player in the history of the NFL who choked more than Tony ?

No....not really.

Moss had the perfect "tool set" all that was missing was guts.

During his career he played with some of the best (and a few bad) QB's of all-time. He should have rewritten all the records for receiving. First Bret Favre then even Tom Brady couldn't win with him.

After Cris Carter left the Vikings Randy became a HUGE pain in the neck. I also noticed he stopped giving a very good effort on the field.

Moss is a HUGE disappointment. Just as Romo is to you. I saw it time after time, refused to go over the middle, instead only running his "fly" patterns and then he even quit before a game was over because he was "tired".

Did Romo, or any other player you can think of ever do that?