Home U.S. Coin Forum

Share an idle coin related thought.

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

In third party coin grading, no one wants an increase in population other than a submitter.

Comments

• toyz4geotoyz4geo Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't need to buy that now, I'll wait for the frenzy to die down and it'll be cheaper.

• 1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

Should I get out now before it's way too late...

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's a thought I had as I was washing my hands today.

When someone carries a pocket piece and is attempting to wear it down, the oils on their hands are good for wear, but has anyone considered several different people "Fondling" the coin and getting more than one set of oils onto the coin. So I guess my question would be would a coin wear faster with many people holding it or just one person?
    Since not everyone carries the same Ph balance.

Later, Paul.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

During a brief slow period at work yesterday, I was thinking... 'How would I sell a '64D Peace Dollar if I had one?'..... Then it got busy.... ;) Cheers, RickO

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    During a brief slow period at work yesterday, I was thinking... 'How would I sell a '64D Peace Dollar if I had one?'..... Then it got busy.... ;) Cheers, RickO

Have it split into 100 aluminum cents.

• PhillyJoePhillyJoe Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭✭

If Kennedy had lived, would Franklin still be on the half dollar?

The Philadelphia Mint: making coins since 1792. We make money by making money. Now in our 225th year thanks to no competition. image
  • TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if my Mary Queen of Scots Ryal would have been enough to buy a full suit of lance armor in 1566...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file