Home Sports Talk

The NFL and parity.

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

We were talking about Football last night at a wedding and the topic of NFL parity came up. Afterwards I got to thinking about how there are really three groups of Teams in the NFL.
Top tier --- 6-8 Teams.
Bottom tier --- 8-10 Teams.
Everyone else in the middle and a game or two away from slipping into the bottom or climbing to the top.

Do you agree or disagree?? If you agree, who would you place in the top and bottom??

Al H.

Comments

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate the salary cap and FA!!!!

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought the clear top tier teams were the Rams, Chiefs and Saints but that’s out the window. I think Baltimore and Chicago with their tough D and mobile QB’s can beat anyone with a strong performance, the Pats are awesome one week then sub par the next so it’s a crap shoot I guess. I think your pretty close with your thought process

• abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

The NFL throws some of the best parities in the industry. I'd rate all of them top teir.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

That Chargers locker room must be pretty PO'd when they tie for the best record in the conference and end up as the 5th seed.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,430 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:
    That Chargers locker room must be pretty PO'd when they tie for the best record in the conference and end up as the 5th seed.

Those are breaks so long as division champions with .500 records get higher rankings than teams with better records.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

That's what happens when you come in as a wild card.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:
    I hate the salary cap and FA!!!!

Why? because your team can only win with an advantage. Dallas is like the old Montreal Canadians who stole all the talent in the surrounding area . Dallas now has to share all the high school and college kids there with the whole league. Without the unfair advantage of vacuuming up the locals they got nothing