Home U.S. Coin Forum

A Real DDO

KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

From Coin World's Most Read
https://coinworld.com/news/us-coins/2018/12/weeks-most-read-first-2018-lincoln-doubled-die-cent.html

Could easily be missed. Something to check on 2018 cents.

Comments

• BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd never pick that one up. Not much to it.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hard enough with some of the older DDOs. ;)

• AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see it when I cross my eyes :o

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • JBKJBK Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

A new DD and it wasn't even a newbie who scrutinizes every aspect of their pocket change who brought it to us. :s

Thx for posting. I just got 4 boxes of pennies and they turned out to be new rolls so now I have to scrutinize 10,000 coins. :o

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:
    A new DD and it wasn't even a newbie who scrutinizes every aspect of their pocket change who brought it to us. :s

Thx for posting. I just got 4 boxes of pennies and they turned out to be new rolls so now I have to scrutinize 10,000 coins. :o

Sorry in advance for the eye strain. Stock up on Murine and energy drinks. Take a half hour break every thousand coins. Wear cotton gloves to preserve the pristine surfaces and change them after each break. Hoping you become the king of 2018 Cent DDO's.

• DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that image on top a DDO?

Drunner

• opportunityopportunity Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭

LOL

Early American Copper, Bust and Seated.

• Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice. Looks similar to class 6 doubling.
    Not all doubled dies have dramatic shifts or splits.

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Aspie_Rocco said:
    Nice. Looks similar to class 6 doubling.
    Not all doubled dies have dramatic shifts or splits.

Agreed; noticeable but somewhat minor extra thickness visible on the 0 and 8, and in the bottom of the 2.

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

The one and eight do it for me. Nice find. I just picked up an old bank roll of unc. 1956 Lincolns that I'm gonna do on Tuesday. The hunt continues. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now that is a tough one.... If a new collector posted that here with the question "Is this a DDO?"... I am sure it would be rejected by 99% of us.... Really minor DDO...and I am comfortable saying that only because experts have said it first. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file