Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Napoleon Battle of Austerlitz Medal 1805 for Review

JohnkyensJohnkyens Posts: 3
edited October 22, 2018 8:30PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

Hello friends, this is a silver 1805 Austerlitz Medal without any edge mark.I think it is somehow quite rare? What is the estimate value then ;) Thank you

iDTgPA.md.jpg
iDTR2t.md.jpg
iDT65d.md.jpg

irPXtI.md.jpg
irPx9P.md.jpg
irPjht.md.jpg

Comments

• bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭

First post, welcome to the forum :)

Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭

Welcome!!

Becky
  • BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a desirable medal; there is a little more chew on the reverse edges and a few stray nicks on the cheeks (and in the fields) that will hurt the cash value.

I will have to let somebody else say exactly "when" it was minted.

• @bigmarty58 said:
    First post, welcome to the forum :)

@DorkGirl said:
    Welcome!!

Thank you Marty ! Thank you Dork! Look forward to learn more in the forums :)

• JohnkyensJohnkyens Posts: 3
    edited October 22, 2018 8:35PM

@BillDugan1959 said:
    It's a desirable medal; there is a little more chew on the reverse edges and a few stray nicks on the cheeks (and in the fields) that will hurt the cash value.

I will have to let somebody else say exactly "when" it was minted.

Yes,sadly it has some scratches on the surface,I add some photos,but the light is not so good :)

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum and good luck !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello, using the Google, it appears the original medal was struck in bronze. Don't know if they also struck it in silver or is this a restrike. Gonna look some more. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52