Homeβ€Ί Metal Detecting

My first Mercury dime!

kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 1, 2018 9:25AM in Metal Detecting

It only took 16 years of detecting to find one. πŸ™„

This was in a small park near me that had a previously closed area opened up. It was really trashy so I need to go back and hunt some more.

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Comments

• pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats!! That thing has some great detail too. Definitely worthy of another trip. Was it deep or hidden near some trash?

• kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was only about 4 inches deep. 2 inches of powdery sand from a recent flood and 2 more inches of soil so packed it was like concrete.

This was a part of the park that had been closed for 15 years and only recently opened, which was what interested me.

I can’t wait to get back!

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,410 ✭✭✭✭✭

congrats on the score :)

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on the silver... a very nice Merc....Get back there soon, newly available areas like that can produce some good finds. Cheers, RickO

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yay, nice find, congratulations !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

congrats

Frank

BHNC #203

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice find. I'd be back there in a flash, especially after a nice rain. What are you swinging? Test some known targets in that ground, there is more treasure down there. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52