Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone else have the pleasure of not being able to visit this forum earlier today?

For several hours, I was not able to open this forms web site up. I contacted vanillaforums the site host and they informed me
they had a "Partial Outrage". This made me realize how much I enjoy visiting the CU forum! Here is a transcript of the chat.

Thanks for chatting!
Here's your chat transcript from https://vanillaforums.com/en/

Welcome to Vanilla. How can we help you today?

Sharon Rampersad3:18 PM
I'm unable to open up the Collectors Universe web page. This is one of the things I'm seeing..The web server reported a bad gateway error. Ray ID: 45d69e50885521bc Your IP address: 74.89.284.26 Error reference number: 512 Cloudflare Location: Newark

You3:18 PM
Hello there

Sharon Rampersad3:20 PM
Hi there

we are currently experiencing a partial outage

you can find out more here: status.vanillaforums.com

thank you. That was helpful!

You3:21 PM
no problem. Thanks so much for contacting us. :)

Sharon Rampersad3:21 PM
you too, bye

You3:21 PM
bye!

Comments

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea. I also got shut out. At first I thought I was banned for some transgression. :o

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• tyler267tyler267 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:
    Yea. I also got shut out. At first I thought I was banned for some transgression. :o

Me too, made me sad because I really enjoy these forums. I'm just glad they are back up.

• RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Partial Outrages" are very difficult to fix, especially if they have a gun.

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did have problems !!! :'(

Timbuk3
  • goldengolden Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 20, 2018 5:01PM

I thought along the same line as @PerryHall & @Elemint and then some .....
    :s Then what happened to my contest ending tomorrow? My friends here would think I'm full of BS :#
    .....or was it because I've been too loose with my comments? :*>:)

I called PCGS and had the girl tested the site & decided to call corp. IT.
    Thanks goodness it's fixed :D

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. Like a power outage. Do not realize how much you miss it until it is gone.

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

Site outages were more frequent in the not-too-distant past.
    I'd say it's an indication of how good it's been, when people are so surprised. :smile:

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,574 ✭✭✭✭✭

I looked up in the sky, didn't notice any ten mile wide asteroid about to strike, so I wasn't too worried about it.

• TiborTibor Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

How 'bout bringing back @TDN 's "Damn" thread.

• ZsmartieZsmartie Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

I had problems. I received a very strange error code of which meant nothing to me. So I exited and went to other sites in the mean time. It actually did not create a problem for me but just a minor inconvenience.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:

So, I think in the future that I will PM some of my new friends here and ask for their phone numbers. In the old days I could make a funny joke about one of our favorite newer members who's number should be first on that list - but not anymore. :(

It's me, isn't it?

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have had my "forum time" severely chopped off at the knees with my new job.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep and it happened a few days ago too.

• chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭

I thought it may be part of purging the Hall

• sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got the "Cloudflare" error message for the first time on this site yesterday and just got a similar message on another website today.

Chrome just did a browser upgrade, so I'm wondering if there's a connection.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭✭✭

"partial outrage" good one :D

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • CCGGGCCGGG Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I did.

• ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

I experienced the outage and went to the NGC Forums to see if they commented on it. Holy Crap, that forum is even more dead than it was a few years ago! :o

• NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here.

• RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 21, 2018 12:16PM

Changes NGC made to their software were poorly implemented and resulted in many people giving up on their Boards....Too bad - We really need more good communications options, not less.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

i did for 2 days. for some reason they wouldnt let me it. i thought i got bammed to. no worries now

• carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

“When the well is dry, we know the worth of water.”

― Benjamin Franklin

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had problems yesterday morning !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yo yo yo! It was like coitus interruptus, if you know what I mean, yo. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

I opened the forum to see the shutdown. So I closed everything and tried again!! Must be my computer.....then the same message popped up. What the..... I thought for sure it had something to do with David Hall's termination. It's amazing how these conversations and this group plays such an important part in our lives. Thankfully it's back up and running again. Just a Vanilla glitch.

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats with the new .... now paying job ;)<3

@oih82w8 said:
    I have had my "forum time" severely chopped off at the knees with my new job.

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Elemint said:
    No worries friends. Simply enjoy healthy meals like me ...here...Heh! Talk about kneez's
    私の膝はこの写真では欠けています。 ハハ

Just want to know... what is on TV, looks like a flying cartoon poodle. :)

• mt_mslamt_msla Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭

I often have the pleasure of not visiting many places, at many different times. Sometimes multiples of each all at once!

Insert witicism here. [ xxx ]

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only the stamp forum was open for a brief moment. In my moment of boredom, I traded some GSAs for a book of forever stamps.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Old thread.... did not see any problem today.....However, less time here recently since I went to work again....Fun days at the shooting range... ;) Cheers, RickO

• ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Elemint said:
    No worries friends. Simply enjoy healthy meals like me ...here...Heh! Talk about kneez's
    私の膝はこの写真では欠けています。 ハハ

Lean Cuisine Spaghetti? I prefer the Vermont Cheddar Mac n Cheese :D

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2019 8:06AM

Life kept me so busy I missed it. Then death hit close to home and I didn't care because " it is ( this, and most sites) online". And what's offline is usually more important.... not that I like gravesites either.

• BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

@chumley said:
    I thought it may be part of purging the Hall

They already purged "Hall".

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file