Home U.S. Coin Forum

2018 Palladium First Day Of Issue

Is PCGS labeling any of the recently released 2018 Palladium coins FDOI ?

If so, how does one determine whether the coin they received is qualified for such a label ?

Comments

• djmdjm Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

@levinll said:
    Is PCGS labeling any of the recently released 2018 Palladium coins FDOI ?

If so, how does one determine whether the coin they received is qualified for such a label ?

Yes, PCGS has graded the 2018 Palladium coins as FDOI
    You would have had to buy them at on of the U.S. Mint Gift Shops. Each shop had 100 coins available for sale on the first day of issue. You need the receipt from the gift shop to get FDOI.

• GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 17, 2018 10:43AM

I would say 95% of them are 1st day of issue right if you present your receipt maybe? :/

However I just got off the phone with PCGS Customer service " The FDOI is reserved for SPECIAL MEMBERS usually Bulk Submitions or DEALERS. " Quote Thus my term The Big Boys! Like Bernie said!

• levinlllevinll Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭

So a dealer with 1 coin could get a FDOI label ? I have a buyer who wants to return one because he's saying he can't submit it for FDOI designation. I already got a response from NGC stating that are not offering this designation on this coin.

• GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is what it is and to tell you the truth like the professionals say here " Buy the Coin and NOT the Label " Your really only paying extra for a label. To me the very least is a " First Strike " designation IF you want to pay the extra $10.00. Some don't. I would not loose to much sleep over it.

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

The FDOI coins were sold in the first 30 seconds. The First Strike coins were sold in the next 60 seconds. Early Release labels sold in the next 45 seconds. Regular labels sold in the next 60 seconds. Almost Sold Out labels sold in the next 30 seconds. Last Strike labels sold in the next 30 seconds. Sold Out in Five Minutes labels are available upon request. B)

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

To me this is very amusing.....
    I look at it this way: Basically all of the 15.000 is qualified for FS label; they were sold in the first 4.5 minutes and those FD are really something :#

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's all about that extra $$$ for some ;)

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

@levinll said:
    I have a buyer who wants to return one because he's saying he can't submit it for FDOI designation.

This seems a little unreasonable. Maybe the real reason is buyers remorse, was your price competitive?

Collector, occasional seller

• FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

How would a lucky person get an ultra rare " Genuine" label for this 2018 Pd Proof ?

• morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18, 2018 1:22PM

Thought about turning mine into a pocket piece, PR55 DCAM, 1 of 1, :)

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file