Home U.S. Coin Forum

Completely OT...but

1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 14, 2018 6:48AM in U.S. Coin Forum

I know this is way off topic, but 70 homes in three cities/towns, 30 miles from where I live exploded last night.

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Comments

• DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,174 ✭✭✭✭✭

WoW!!

What is the local news saying about this?

Stay safe.

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ruptured gas lines?

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

@grip said:
    Ruptured gas lines?

No, more than likely someone somehow put too much pressure into the gas mains, and the pressure was too much for the check-valves on the houses, this is not one street or neighborhood, this is the city of Lawrence and the Towns of Andover and North Andover, a large area.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not heard anything about injuries so far, but there have been some horrendous pictures.

edited September 14, 2018 7:39AM

At least one dead.
    The first photo, above, he was in his car in the driveway when the chimney fell and landed directly on the drivers side of the vehicle...sad

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭✭✭

WTF! I've had gas before but nothing like that. I hope no fatalities. Think the feds will get right on the cause? We shall see. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Crazy and sad. Be safe

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a real disaster.... I have no idea what is behind it all... I heard some guesses about pressure, but seems like there must be more to it. Cheers, RickO

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm very sorry to hear this! :(

• bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

Natural gas supplier will be buying quite a few homes this year. Failed regulator put too much pressure in the gas lines feeding neighborhoods.

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unreal. Turn off your gas.

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Our utility has offered an excess pressure regulator on new services For a Fee and has required a signature declining same on New services.

I'm so sorry for the folks in Mass.

• divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't live far from the area also. My niece and her family live in the area and were told to evacuate.

Terrible tragedy. Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • kazkaz Posts: 9,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's terrifying. I read about it in the paper this am. People had to evacuate immediately, leaving everything behind.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file