Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Rolls of BU Canadian Dollars wholesale pricing

I have 17 rolls, all BU, very flashy and many semi PL. Mostly 61/62, but all blazers. 1963-1966.

Definitely not my forte. I know to look for 1966 small beads and that is about where my knowledge ends. Any help appreciated.

V.r
John

Comments

• ajaanajaan Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 10, 2018 1:15PM

About $10 per coin.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Ajaan. :)

• sylsyl Posts: 888 ✭✭✭
    edited March 10, 2018 5:01PM

That $10 has to be for anything before '67. Any nickel dollars after are essentially face value in Canadian money or between 75 & 80 cents US. Every Canadian actual silver dollar (or face dollar of any silver change) has .6 troy ounces. You can multiply it out times whatever the NY silver price is today. And, up here, you will get between 75-80% of scrap silver price if the coins are worn, because they won't weigh their minted weight.... and about 90-92% if you know the dealer and they are UNC.

• YQQYQQ Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinlieutenant said:
    I have 17 rolls, all BU, very flashy and many semi PL. Mostly 61/62, but all blazers. 1963-1966.

Definitely not my forte. I know to look for 1966 small beads and that is about where my knowledge ends. Any help appreciated.

V.r
    John

Question is this: Are you able to 100% identify the 1966 small bead Dollar?

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

@YQQ. As far as I know, yes. :)

I always look for the I to point to a single bead for the small variety and to two beads on the large bead variety.
    There is a second diagnostic for the last crown jewel that is detached.

Anything other ones would be cool to know...

V.r
    John

• ElmhurstElmhurst Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

Agree with SYL: silver price/ oz. X 0.60

Btw, I finally gave up on my old nickel mint sets, busted them out, and spent it all last time I went up to Vancouver. At least got some entertainment value when the waitress, bar tender, etc didn't know what to do with a 50 cent piece, let alone the dollars :-)

• YQQYQQ Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

here is the 1966 small beads markers

Today is the first day of the rest of my life