Home Stamps Forum

NGC to start "GRADING" stamps. ONLY in mainland china for now. Boom for stamp market?

lets discuss

We deal with Chinese, Middle Eastern and Russian antiquities and collectables! Please welcome to check out our Gallery at 189 S. Beverly Dr. Beverly Hills, CA, 90212

My direct number is 512-808-3197 Raul

Comments

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe in China but probably not in the US.

All glory is fleeting.
  • ......if in the u.s. I'm thinking only chinese stamps.

We deal with Chinese, Middle Eastern and Russian antiquities and collectables! Please welcome to check out our Gallery at 189 S. Beverly Dr. Beverly Hills, CA, 90212

My direct number is 512-808-3197 Raul
  • HarlequinHarlequin Posts: 110 ✭✭✭

Maybe not a boom per say but definitely a plus+ for the stamp market in general ......
    :)

🇺🇸 Harlequin Numismatic
    harlequinnumismatic@gmail.com

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Harlequin said:
    Maybe not a boom per say but definitely a plus+ for the stamp market in general ......
    :)

Is there a stamp market for anything but the popular rarities in high grade?

All glory is fleeting.
  • Spartcom5Spartcom5 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭

I think this would be good for the stamp market. i for one would be interested in seeing if they exapnd beyond China. PSE is a good stamp grading company as is and i know many collectors prefer stamps unslabbed so who knows.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll ponder that as I use some more 50 year old stamps to mail my letters. :p

For rare stamps, maybe. For anything else, just keep licking and sticking.

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think they will have a long way to go before putting a dent in the existing major grading service. They waited too long.