Home U.S. Coin Forum

"The End" at the Private Pattern Bar

RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 17, 2017 3:59PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Here is a final update for those interested in current research on the Inco and Gould, Inc. private patterns. Over the past 10-days both articles have moved to last draft and reconciliation stage. By Wednesday, all data and photos will have been inserted in the documents and final review will begin. One group of Inco pieces has yet to be examined, but the layout has been prepared and data will be transferred ASAP. Anyone with last-minute additions or information, please let me know.

Next: After review, the articles will be fully assembled, reviewed again and checked by the copy editor. When that is complete, there will be a final review and then everything delivered to the printer in Maryland. The Journal of Numismatic Research (JNR) format will be used so that both articles will be under one cover. The print run will be short - not more than a couple hundred color copies.

Thanks to everyone who has written, called, PM'd and sent carrier pigeons. Your help has been enormously valuable. Everyone who has contributed will be recognized in the articles, unless they requested anonymity.

Comments

• dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was waiting for your reply, now I understand why it never came.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2017 4:47PM

I took the messages off before dinner.....But -- If I missed a message (or swallowed it with the gravy), please PM it to me. PMs are not very tasty.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Certainly is a lot of work Roger.... I have been following your progress with this project with my interest being in getting research published (I am not researching anything...just interested). It is quite the complex road to travel. Cheers, RickO

True...and you have to be ready to follow the evidence not a pre-formed opinion. I've revised things several times based on new or more detailed information.

The Gould materials is about 70 pages and the Inco article is about 140 pages.

Gould private pattern pieces is complete and the International Nickel private pattern pieces will be finished very soon. (The "end" occurs when all leads have been traced, sources have been exhausted, and no further specimens are available.)

A Thanks to All for the help and kind suggestions.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file