Home U.S. Coin Forum

1980 S Proof 70 DCAM Susan B. Anthony

imageDoes anybody know the price range for this coin? I saw one sell on Ebay for over $500 which seems like a very high price. I saw another one on Heritage that sold for $145.
Thanks, Charlie

Comments

• relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

Charlie,

I would say the price range is $145 to over $500, but that's only because I'm making the market on eBay this week.

This is an offer by an un-motivated seller and would only be accepted by a highly motivated buyer.

If you want to know more about those SBA 70's or have an interest in actually buying one,

Click Here

BTW - They're not THAT overpriced. I've gotten these prices recently on PR70DC Jefferson's and Kennedy's - with people asking for more (all gone). I guess people don't like the SBA's.

And besides, only 1 guy emailed me (but 3 times)

$549.00?!?!? Are you nuts? That's double what this type 2 is getting in the same holder and grade everywhere else...including here on ebay. I could buy two of them for that...actually, I could probably buy two of the type 2 81-s AND 1 of the type 2 79-s if I looked hard enough.

then

Check out this ebay auction #: 1393030754. $279.00 BUY IT NOW, that's $270.00 cheaper than yours, and the guy is still going to make a profit on it!

and then

I know, too many e-mails, but: check out auction # 1393162272 $140.00 BUY IT NOW, $335.00 cheaper than yours! $335 less!

And so he'd know his wisdom was not in vane, I replied

Gee Dave I didn't know you were going to get all excited about it or I never would have listed them.

My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • moosesrmoosesr Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭
    imageWell I found one at the OKC coin show and had my $225 out ready to pay when I took a close look at the coin. imageIt had a pretty good sized toning spot on Suzies forehead, so I passed on the coin. Do you suppose PCGS would have graded the coin PR70 with the spot or would it have formed after slabbing?

Charile
  • relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

It would have probably had to have been a pretty bad day for the spot to be there when it was graded first gradded 70. More likely than not, PCGS just introduced the contaminant before they slabbed it.

$225 would have been a very good price for a nice 70. So, keep looking - they can be found.
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭
    mooser for modern PF 70's, Teletrade is a good indicator of price. You should join there for the search feature. Here is a list of dates and prices.

11/14/01 $240
    12/2401 $320
    01/30/02 $400
    02/25/02 $300
    04/22/02 $260
    06/12/02 $450

There is one listed for sale in the 11/13 auction.

• << <i>Teletrade is a good indicator of price >>

But remember there is a 10% buyer's fee tacked on to these hammer prices!

Pete
  • TheNumishTheNumish Posts: 1,628 ✭✭
    Hey Mooser,

You didn't get the SBA in Proof-70 but didn't you get a great 1986-D Kennedy in MS-67 along with a few others? I think from me!!

I didn't say anthing at the time but I would assume the coin that sold for $150 had haze or spots.

I think the spot on the coin at the show formed after the coin graded. There is no way it would have graded 70 with it the way it is.
  • jcpingjcping Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭

If the coin is problem-free (no toning spot etc.), I would say $350 to $500 is the ballpark that folks are paying these days. If any toning spot shown on the coin, the price is less than $400, IMHO. image
    an SLQ and Ike dollars lover

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file