Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

hhmag on CU Apperently has Passed away

Evening,

According to another board I am on with a lot of the common members here, Scott, also known as: hhmag passed away recently in early June. A sad loss...no matter what your feelings were, although, about 100% were positive!!!

A sad loss to CU and other boards...............................imageimageimage

Neil
Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!

Comments

• cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Wow, that sucks. Scott was a good guy in my book anyway. I hope it isn't true, but I haven't seen him post in awhile.

Thanks for letting me know Neil.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Neil ... thanks for letting us know. Scott and I had a few nice PMs over the years. Do you know how old he was? RIP Scott.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Wow, I did quite a few trades with Scott. Really sad. I think Scott was 39.

• bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Sad......how old was he?
  • AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    Scott was a good guy--bought from him a couple of times. Sad to hear of his passing.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    So sad. RIP Scott

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, really shocked and saddened to hear this...I had exchanged PMs with him a few times over the years. Do you know what happened.

RIP image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    I never had any deals with him but still very sad. RIP
  • Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭
    Sad news... RIP
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Rest in peace Scott.
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow that's very sad to hear... we had some good trades and PMs in the past and seemed like a really great guy. He's the one who taught me all I know about using COMC. I found his obituary here. Rest in peace, Scott. image
  • ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    wow image

Scott had just posted in the BST section on June 16th

Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Wow, his last post was June 21st here so it had to be sudden not that it really matters much.

Prayers sent for his daughter and family. RIP Scott. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    Picked up some 80s OPC from Scott back in 2011

wow. 39 years old. Was he ill?
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • 1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    geesh sorry to hear so young ..my prayers to his family alsoimage
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just really sad. And makes you realize just how fleeting our lives here can be. Does anyone have any details surrounding his death? The obituary says he died at home, and that funeral services were private.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    Very sorry to hear. So young image
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    That's a sad shame; only positive experiences with Scott here. Prayers for his family. RIP.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I was a bit unsure of my experience with Scott and then I looked at my PMs as it seemed familiar to me. My heart dropped as Scott gave me a very nice stitched Cardinals jersey right after Christmas this last year. I was thinking it would be a jersey shirt of some kind and the quality that he simply just gave me left me speechless when I opened the package. I am a huge Cardinals fan and that jersey was instantly loved as the only other nice stitched jersey is one of Albert Pujols (that lost a bit of significance for the time being with his exit to California). I was just in Oakland last weekend and brought the jersey with me as I watched all three games of the series. I dearly treasure my Cardinals and now knowing the circumstance of losing a CU board member it is quite humbling to me to own that jersey today. RIP Scott as I will think of you often as I will wear and display my Cardinals jersey I got from you with a pride many will not understand.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Mdube16Mdube16 Posts: 744 ✭✭
    So sorry to hear. Thinking about Scott and his family
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I was a bit unsure of my experience with Scott and then I looked at my PMs as it seemed familiar to me. My heart dropped as Scott gave me a very nice stitched Cardinals jersey right after Christmas this last year. I was thinking it would be a jersey shirt of some kind and the quality that he simply just gave me left me speechless when I opened the package. I am a huge Cardinals fan and that jersey was instantly loved as the only other nice stitched jersey is one of Albert Pujols (that lost a bit of significance for the time being with his exit to California). I was just in Oakland last weekend and brought the jersey with me as I watched all three games of the series. I dearly treasure my Cardinals and now knowing the circumstance of losing a CU board member it is quite humbling to me to own that jersey today. RIP Scott as I will think of you often as I will wear and display my Cardinals jersey I got from you with a pride many will not understand. >>

+10000000000000000

This was very nice to read.

I'm sorry to hear that Scott passed. I didn't know him at all, but I wish his Family well.

R.I.P Scott!

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    I really have no idea what to say. I have dozens of PMs and e-mails that I've exchanged with him over the last few years. He sold me a ton of Smoltz cards when he decided to liquidate his own set. Like many of us, he periodically sent me stuff that he knew I would be interested in, just out of the blue.

I'm looking at my PMs now and my last contact with him was last Christmas. He lived a few hundred miles due north of me, so I used to check in with him from time to time to see if weather events that had affected me had done so with him.

This is just brutal. My thoughts are with his family, especially his young daughter.

I hope you're at peace, Scott.
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    This is really sad. I feel so terrible for his daughter. Scott was a really great guy.

My final PM with him was this past Christmas Eve. Out of the blue he offered me a Red Sox jersey he had picked up. It was a large and I'm just a little guy so I passed on it. I'm sure someone else on here got it as he was a very generous guy.

RIP Scott and thanks for everything
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    I considered Scott a friend here on CU. Ive had many PMs and trades with him. Just back in March we were helping each other trying to complete our 2013 Topps Chrome refractor sets.

Scott, you will be missed.

RIP my friend.
  • flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    passing away at home and private funeral services---typically means the big S

not that it matters--gone is gone. I did not knw him but hope that he has found peace and that God watches over his family.

3 weeks ago I lost a friend who was 49. Picture of health, worked out EVERY DAY, good looking guy with 2 beautiful daughters and his high school sweetheart as his wife. Came home from the gym and passed out on his bed. His 20 year old found him and tried to revive him. She did--but Mike spent the next 8 days brain dead--including his 50th birthday--then died.

My friends--life is not only short but unpredictable--every day is truly a gift--

remember that next time we have a stupid squabble on these boards
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Msassin and I had the pleasure of meeting hhmag several times at the Harrisburg card shows...

He always had his young daughter by his side!

He was a good GUY!

Rest in Peace!!

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Very sad. Prayers for Scott and his family.
    The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound...That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

Scott was a good guy as all are saying,I sure know first hand,we did alot of deals thru pm,we sent a few
    Ryan rc's off together so we talked alot in our 6 month wait in between.We just sent in a couple sgc crackouts
    last month..

If anybody knows or is gonna do anything for that sidekick daughter of his,I would be more happy to help.
    I heard alot about her as if I meet her before..RIP Scott.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    sad news, I did several trades with him over the years and he was one of the nice guys on the threads....prayers to his family....

al.
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    too young, too soon. image

i only shared a few exchanges of PM's w/Scott, but it had been awhile. i gather from some of these posts that he was as nice a person as he seemed.

RIP.
  • BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad news, I did a few transaction with Scott over the years. He was one of the good guys. My prayers go out to his family.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • 1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    One of the nicest people,I had dealt with in cards.

So sad.
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
    Does anyone know what happened to him? He lived 20 minutes from me. I have been to his house. He had a beautiful little girl. I didn't ask about his personal life but it looked like the two of them lived alone. I hope she is safe and being comforted somewhere. Very sad, RIP Scott image
  • vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    I sent a respectful email to a friend of his, will post if they chose to respond or share info.
  • Such awful news. Was looking through are past PM's. Way to young, I truly hope his daughter is being comforted. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

Rest in peace Scott. RIP
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    Very sad. I did a couple transactions with Scott and had many PM's.
    Sorry to hear the bad news
    RIP
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I had a bunch of pm's and transactions with Scott over the years too. Always very pleasant. I hope he finds the peace he was seeking.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    Far too young for that to happen. Scott was a good guy.

RIP Scott, you'll be missed here.

Justin
  • samspopsamspop Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭
    June 24, 2013
    Scott D. Fedorchick, 39, Trevorton

TREVORTON, PA — Scott D. Fedorchick, 39, of Trevorton, passed away on Sunday, June 23, 2013, at his home.

The funeral will be private.

Arrangements are by the Jerre Wirt Blank Funeral Home, 395 State St., Sunbury.

Not much info about it. Positively sad. Scott was absolutely one of the good guys on here. My prayers go out to his family and especially his daughter.

I'm not sure if any of you guys remember the clayshooter24 fiasco from a couple of years ago, but Scott and I are the ones who were stonewalled by Mike for over a year with our cards. We became frequent contacts through that and although I never met the guy, we stayed in touch after everything was resolved. The guy was younger than me and it makes you realize just how fragile life is. Enjoy it up there Scott!!
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    He still has auctions running...

could have been unexpected...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Sad to hear of someone passing at such a young age. Prayers to his family.
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really difficult for me to read this, and I didn't know Scott at all. If you type in his nickname, there are a list of thank yous for his selfless deeds, including gifts for the children of other members. By all accounts, a heart of gold.

Prayers going out to his family.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Scott and I shared a few PM's mostly about coins though.

Seems someone ripped him off once and he was asking for some advice.

He was a good person that's for sure.

RIP Scott.
    Good for you.
  • mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭

<< <i>He still has auctions running...

could have been unexpected... >>

link?
  • eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    this is very very sad news. i pray that there is somebody who will look after and love his daughter. may he rest in peace.

eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

His auctions that are running are just BIN/BO, under his user name.
  • EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>39 >>

Screw that.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭
    Just terrible. Hug your little ones a little more often because you just never know.
  • cefy1cefy1 Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    Had nothing but positive dealings with Scott, and he was one of the truly of the good guys on this board and in the hobby. Hope his daughter is safe and being comforted.

RIP
    Always buying Gretzky PSA Graded

Need some 2007 A&G Regular Back Mini's PM if you have any and I will send my needs list.
  • samspopsamspop Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭
    If anyone local who is local to Treverton, PA can find any information about this or can contact his family, I'd be up for trying to put something together to donate to his daughter.