Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Coach's Corner Auctions Now Entering Card Grading Market?

oh boy...........only $5 a card

Coach's Corner Grading

IMF
Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.

Comments

• NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    They could become the industry leader in grading fake cards.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    I say give them a chance. They might not ever surpass PSA as far as volume, but they at least could be honorable competition.
  • Yeah pretty sure that won't happen.
    I'm sick of Coach's Corner getting a bad name. They have a Jordan piece that's clearly UDA. My uncle won a lot of 5 single signed baseballs last year and sent them to PSA/DNA. The Frank Tananna, Vance Law, Bobby Shantz, Bobby Doerr and Virgil Trucks balls all passed! I'd take 5/5 any day.
  • handymanhandyman Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    quit while you are ahead then. Try buying a Babe ruth or ty cobb auto from them and see if you can hit 5/5 on those.
  • GRGR Posts: 550 ✭✭
    Chris morales or Drew max would surely give those five the old seal of approval (;
    Nathan Wagner

<< <i>I'm sick of Coach's Corner getting a bad name. They have a Jordan piece that's clearly UDA. My uncle won a lot of 5 single signed baseballs last year and sent them to PSA/DNA. The Frank Tananna, Vance Law, Bobby Shantz, Bobby Doerr and Virgil Trucks balls all passed! I'd take 5/5 any day. >>

He bought 5 balls that are so common or low demand that it would be ridiculous to forge them. Pardon me if I'm not impressed.

Try a google search for coach's corner fake, and read the first few links.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • giantsfan20giantsfan20 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭
    CCA is still in business?image.Since SCD finally got a conscious or such and banned them did they owe SCD money? Wonder who stll buys their
    questionable autographs or even deals with them.Guess proablly feel that they are getting a bargain buying autographs and such.
  • ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭
    Good grief.
  • giantsfan20giantsfan20 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭
    << <I>I'm sick of Coach's Corner getting a bad nameimage Thanks for the laugh!image

Yeah a company that stole who knows how much money for selling questionable items. Wonder how they escaped the FBI investigations.

Here is a good questionable item 1927 yankee team ball signed. Wonder why all the autographs look very similar and have not much fading on them as well.

http://www.myccsa.com/lot/243/1927-new-york-yankees-signedmoralas-certified-baseball.aspx</I>
    My uncle also won another lot of single signed baseballs not long after he went 5/5. The Ron Cey, Don Baylor, Bobby Boninia, Richard Dotson, Larry Bowa, Carl Erskine and Mike Bilecki also all passed PSA/DNA. He went 12/12 on both baseball lots he won. Not bad!

• << <i>My uncle also won another lot of single signed baseballs not long after he went 5/5. The Ron Cey, Don Baylor, Bobby Boninia, Richard Dotson, Larry Bowa, Carl Erskine and Mike Bilecki also all passed PSA/DNA. He went 12/12 on both baseball lots he won. Not bad! >>

So cubfan89, how long have you worked for Coach's Corner??
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>My uncle also won another lot of single signed baseballs not long after he went 5/5. The Ron Cey, Don Baylor, Bobby Boninia, Richard Dotson, Larry Bowa, Carl Erskine and Mike Bilecki also all passed PSA/DNA. He went 12/12 on both baseball lots he won. Not bad! >>

image >>

What I was thinking, too, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • aconteaconte Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭
    I went 0/0 with Coach's Corner. I'm even happier than cubfan89's uncle who went 12/12.

aconte
  • JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    They had to turn to card grading to make money because they ran out of George Washington signed baseballs in blue sharpie. Had a few flunked items over the years, most notably a book page signed by Jim Thorpe. Thankfully I got my money back. Never again.....
  • ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They had to turn to card grading to make money because they ran out of George Washington signed baseballs in blue sharpie. Had a few flunked items over the years, most notably a book page signed by Jim Thorpe. Thankfully I got my money back. Never again..... >>

Thats friggin funny!! image
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • ArchaninatorArchaninator Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>My uncle also won another lot of single signed baseballs not long after he went 5/5. The Ron Cey, Don Baylor, Bobby Boninia, Richard Dotson, Larry Bowa, Carl Erskine and Mike Bilecki also all passed PSA/DNA. He went 12/12 on both baseball lots he won. Not bad! >>

image >>

What I was thinking, too, LOL.. >>

He submitted a Mike Bielecki signed baseball to PSA/DNA. image Does he also send in '70s commons with dinged corners for express grading?

We found 7 more guys who nobody forges because it's pointless to. A new ball is $16. These signed ones sell in the same range or less. Getting them PSA/DNA certified is throwing away money even when genuine.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Then explain to me Nick: how come the autographed 8x10 of Pat Neshek he won also passed PSA/DNA?

Lol, I'm just joking guys! Of course CC's are the biggest scam going. I can't believe they are still able to flood the market with thousands of fakes a year. I remember reading around 2008 that CC's profited close 1.5 million per year. It's amazing they get away with what they're doing & the FBI just watches.
  • JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>They had to turn to card grading to make money because they ran out of George Washington signed baseballs in blue sharpie. Had a few flunked items over the years, most notably a book page signed by Jim Thorpe. Thankfully I got my money back. Never again..... >>

Thats friggin funny!! image >>

Thanks! Like to spread humor wherever I can....
  • elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013

<< <i>oh boy...........only $5 a card

Coach's Corner Grading

IMF >>

It's a step in the right direction, but what I really am waiting for is them to enter the autograph authentication business.

In fact, I suggested the idea to Coach himself when we were sitting around signing Mohammad, Moses, and Jesus baseballs last night. image

Snorto~
    Coach's Corner is offering the deal to slab & grade your cards for only $5 each!
    Lee & Scott will closely examine each vintage card you send them, switch it out with a reprint card, assign a numerical grade & encapsulate your new reprint card in a tamper proof case! I can't wait to see what their slab looks like! Lol
  • kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭
    But I can save 50 cents a card on grading fees...
    Think I will switch to them............NOT!
  • GRGR Posts: 550 ✭✭
    anybody got some reprint t 206 wagner's we can bury in dirt for a week!?!?!!?! (: MONEYYYYY!!!!!! lol
    Nathan Wagner

<< <i>Coach's Corner is offering the deal to slab & grade your cards for only $5 each!
    Lee & Scott will closely examine each vintage card you send them, switch it out with a reprint card, assign a numerical grade & encapsulate your new reprint card in a tamper proof case! I can't wait to see what their slab looks like! Lol >>

You're wrong. It's not a tamperproof case. It's a screwdown. I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

• kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Coach's Corner is offering the deal to slab & grade your cards for only $5 each!
    Lee & Scott will closely examine each vintage card you send them, switch it out with a reprint card, assign a numerical grade & encapsulate your new reprint card in a tamper proof case! I can't wait to see what their slab looks like! Lol >>

You're wrong. It's not a tamperproof case. It's a screwdown. I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Nick >>

The missing screw is a nice touch, not to mention how the longer card will get an imprint from the mold of the screwdown case being for a 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" size card. Could be why screw is missing? Crazy Stuff!

Logan
    It sure looks like their grading career is going to be a smashing success! Lol
  • Apparently CC believes inserting a card in a screw down holder and applying a label is "slabbing" it.
  • Good thing you guys can tell the difference between the good guys and the bad guys!!!

I almost bought a trimmed million dollar Ty Cobb card!!

I will surely add this Coach's Corner to my list of people to beware of.
    I still find it funny that their case has a screw missing? Lol
    Does anybody have any info on how they continue to stay in business & flood the market with thousands of fake every month?