Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Participating in my first live box break right now!!

Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"

Comments

• bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I thought these things were rigged?
  • dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    I hope not, I think I have 2 autographs already....

This one looks good...alot of commercials though....
    I must say, that was fun and seemed very legit. I came away with two auto's, one being a redemption plus a jersey card and a few other insert cards.

Keep us informed how it turned out (ie, if you get your wins in the mail)....
    PS - What benefit does the seller have to do this? Does he get some of the cards or did he get first choice at a division?
  • If you ever get the spontaneous itch, Blowout TV runs box breaks throughout the weekdays. Sure, it's not as fun as ripping a product yourself. But every now and then, we all need some instant gratification. Plus, Blowout's prices are as good as there are... and they will match prices. Fast, secure shipping as well.
    Looking at Twitter, I saw that the break was about to go live. I was interested because of the multiple high end boxes being ripped. I was able to secure one of the last 2 spots. It was 8 spots, $65 a spot. Once everyone pays, each person got to draft a position. They had a randomizer program on a computer and randomized the names 5 times. I wound up picking 4th. I would get every AFC East player card. Naturally my 1st 3 choices were already gone by the time I picked 4th. They then have the players pick the boxes to be ripped out of a larger group of boxes. Those boxes are then always on camera. Once the boxes are selected, the ripping starts. I was actually batting zero through the first 2 boxes but then I wound getting some cards. Some people won some incredible cards. One person actually took home 3 Doug Martin rookie patch cards. If you watch the video, you will see some great pulls.

What benefit did the guy have running the break?
    Not sure. That was my first break. I would think he is at least getting some free boxes out of the deal.

• << <i>What benefit did the guy have running the break? >>

Most of the folks running the breaks will kick in a little juice to turn a buck. But if you go to a reputable dealer, like blowout, there is little markup.... I'm guessing because of the volume they run through. But in the end, you're busting product... and that's a gamble no matter how you do it.
    I was watching the break thats going on now. Some good pulls tonight too.