Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Current Sport Kings Cards, 2007-20..., Do they have a big following? Any real value?

I have always liked the design of the base cards, I don't really care about the jersey and signed cards too much. I looked around a little bit on ebay and saw that there stuff doesn't seem to be selling very good. Anyone collect them? Is there any value in them now or in the future?

Comments

• raiderguy10raiderguy10 Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭
    I've noticed they have a VERY, VERY dedicated fan base. I don't own one SK card, but I like the way Dr Price conducts his business more than any other card company out there. Reading the back of a SK relic card is nothing like the back of a Topps/UD/Panini card. They have a big following for the SP cards, and the base do well right out of the gate on new products. I think after that following gets their sets done though the base cards taper off - as is the case with all releases. If you have some commons for sale cheap I'd be interested in some for TTM purposes.
    Collect HOF Autos and Anything Raiders.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • byronscott4everbyronscott4ever Posts: 932 ✭✭✭
    They have some very dedicated collectors and tap into markets like horse racing that others don't and there are some dedicated collectors in those areas as well. One thing I like about the company is they are willing to solicit advice and respond to collectors. I emailed the president (?) Dr. Price and heard back pretty quickly.
  • raiderguy10raiderguy10 Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They have some very dedicated collectors and tap into markets like horse racing that others don't and there are some dedicated collectors in those areas as well. One thing I like about the company is they are willing to solicit advice and respond to collectors. I emailed the president (?) Dr. Price and heard back pretty quickly. >>

Dr Price is a member on Blowout Forums, and he is there lots of times looking for advice/seeing what the collectors want - so I also agree with this. Again I don't own one single SK card (I like having the team logo on the cards - but that's one man's opinion) - but I do wish the other card companies were like them.

Dr Price on BO
    Collect HOF Autos and Anything Raiders.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    I have been working on the complete set for quite a while. None of the cards are going to cost an arm and a leg unless you got for the parallels. From what I have found, the most expensive card is the Secretariat card from series 1. I havent checked in a while, but everytime one comes up on ebay, it usually goes for 60+. I am about 5 short on series one, about a dozen on series two and about 20 or so on series three. I havent started with ser 4 yet. The best way to build a set is be patient.

As for the cards, theyre pretty unique and I think over time, given the cost of packs, will become a pretty nice little set. The memorabilia cards are pretty nice too, but usually dont have any of the licenses so you wont have team logos on them.
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • al032184al032184 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭
    That's cool, I like that the president not only takes time to talk to collectors and answer questions, but also listens to advice. I don't have any of the cards, but I am kind of tired of most of the stuff put out by the big companies, so I have been thinking of going after some.
    mtcards - Do you open boxes/cases or just buy singles? Has anyone busted any of the product?