Home U.S. Coin Forum

FINALLY!! My PAWN STARS episode is airing MONDAY June 11!! (PICS added - and Comments on My Experien

ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
I can't tell you how many people have asked me when my episode will air. But YEP - it's finally here!!! I just got a call from one of the producer's assistants who told me my episode will air this coming Monday, June 11, 2012, at 10:30 p.m. PST on the History Channel!!! I'm very excited and a little nervous - they said they really liked me but I just hope they don't make me look like a big meanie!

Also, they asked me if I'd like to be one of their coin/penny experts on future shows and of course I said I'd love to! Anyway, I look forward to seeing everyone's reactions (hopefully you won't beat me up too much!).

Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®

Comments

• image I have my DVR set for future exploitations!! image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • curlycurly Posts: 2,880
    Girlfriend, you can bet I'll be watchin' it.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet, looking forward to it! image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
  • 123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    Excellent!
  • joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image You,Go,Girl!image Can I have your autograph?

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Charmy:

I'll not only be watching, but I'll have a nice glass of red wine to toast you with!
    When in doubt, don't.
  • GManGMan Posts: 790 ✭✭
    That's really cool Charmy. I'm looking forward to seeing the episode and whatever the heck you were selling even if they make you look like a big meanie image
    GMan
  • JazzmanJABJazzmanJAB Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait to see it !
  • mingotmingot Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭
    so the next time he says "i gotta guy" it could be you!

awesome image
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭

Got it marked on my calendar, can't wait to see The Penny Lady in action.

I saw an episode a few weeks ago that said some old WWII camera thingy was supposed to come in, but it wasn't you who brought it in. It was some older tall white haired guy.........unless you play dress up when you're out of town (you know how Vegas can be).

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be watching !!!
    Timbuk3
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
  • LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congratz

i hope it is one of those where you think the item is only $20 and it turns out to be $15,000 !

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, Charmy, I'll be looking forward to it.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

Can't wait to see it! (and to read the comments here the day after! image )
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check your local listings. Will they have the episode on their web site?
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that the "Dirty Sox" episode?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Will they have the episode on their web site? >>

That's what I'm hoping. I don't get the history channel.

Russ, NCNE
  • NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    FINALLY is right! Excellent! Even though right now, my guide shows, on the 11th at 7:30/10:30 the 'Pawnocchio' episode, a repeat, I've been waiting for this posting (I watch it all the time anyway, have it on 'series recording' on my DVR...it's on right now, as I type this...lol).

Remember, it's like one of THE most watched shows on all of TV, so your exposure could lead to just about anything! As an avid watcher, I believe people love to see them get haggled hard..most are afraid and allow themselves to get caught in the 'web' (you can see it in Rick's smiles when he knows he has them hook/line/sinker...... you don't see a whole lot of people who do NOT sell), so, seeing them having to haggle with a coin dealer/poker player, it should be FUN!! I love to see them get frustrated (and you can see THAT on Ricks face, too....Corey has gotten very good/nowledgable since it first started airing (no poker face like Rick), but he's kinda like the Ol' Man...Chum, well, it's been said before...he makes a ton of dough for being a brainless buffoon (I think he's a riot, and I don't think he could REALLY be that much of a buffoon if he's working in a place like that....but, then again, there was that time when he wrecked a vase with the Star Trek sword...oh man, I almost.......so, maybe he IS a buffoon (but that security video went viralstraight to Youtube, someone made a Ninja game out of it, so the buffoon has MORE exposure! Hell, I could do what he does! Maybe Charmy can give us some input as to what she thought abou Chum....if you had any dealings with Chum at all, even not about your camera, get an idea of whenther he's playing a character or not?

I look forward to see them have someone not back down,and not cave in!

Here's to knowing you did a great job, and can't wait to see it!! image
    I'll come up with something.
  • astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I had a TV ... now I gotta wait for the DVD!
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Charmy.

Hope the show is a good one.

So did you ever imagine, years ago when you working working in the law business, that you would one day be a TV personality (and a soon to be TV "expert" on US Cents)????

Next thing you know you will need to hire an agent, publicist, personal assistant, media relations consultant, personal trainer, personal chef, nutritionist, hair stylist, makeup artist, driver, physical therapist, massage therapist, aroma therapist, spiritual advisor, personal security consultant, law enforcement liason officer, krav maga instructor and multiple lackeys just to get through the day and keep track of your "Q rating" to make sure it is always on the uptickimage
  • NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't you know....they just promo'ed Monday's show.....looks like they have a pair of glasses with 10K gold frames on one segment.

(showing a 1776 Mass cent on the show right now....)
    I'll come up with something.
  • MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Will they have the episode on their web site? >>

That's what I'm hoping. I don't get the history channel.

Russ, NCNE >>

It should show up here about 3-5 days after airing.
  • KoveKove Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just hope they don't make me look like a big meanie! >>

Why, was Cory sobbing when you left?
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Congrats Charmy.

Hope the show is a good one.

So did you ever imagine, years ago when you working working in the law business, that you would one day be a TV personality (and a soon to be TV "expert" on US Cents)????

Next thing you know you will need to hire an agent, publicist, personal assistant, media relations consultant, personal trainer, personal chef, nutritionist, hair stylist, makeup artist, driver, physical therapist, massage therapist, aroma therapist, spiritual advisor, personal security consultant, law enforcement liason officer, krav maga instructor and multiple lackeys just to get through the day and keep track of your "Q rating" to make sure it is always on the uptickimage >>

I'll carry the football.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone - I hope you'll be kind to me after it airs - and even if I had lipstick on my teeth, you won't point it out! image

By the way, the entire episode is entitled "Dirty Sox" - yes, I know, that's a weird title!
  • ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I just hope they don't make me look like a big meanie! >>

Why, was Cory sobbing when you left? >>

Well, let me just say that he couldn't wait to get rid of me! image
  • SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    Great! Coin expert on Pawn Stars.... very cool! image
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awsome, Charmy. I''l have to make sure and watch the show monday night.
    Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Awesome, I just told my wife we're watching it Monday...Then she reminded me I canned Directv last week and we currently have no cable...Gonna have to hit the neighbors house. Wouldn't miss it for anything...image
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good for you Charmy. Will they allow you to plug your site during the episode?
    At least sport your Penny Lady cap, I would.
    Looking forward to it.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    maybe wit tha royalities...a star on tha walk of fameimage
    juzz teasin
    can't wait an will be glued to tha tube
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • PCcoinsPCcoins Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭
    That's amazing! Can't wait to see the show!!!

Congrats! image

"It is what it is."
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

dvr will be set...i don't wanna fall asleep for this!
  • coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    Yay! I can't wait to see it! image

-Paul
  • WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Good news. I don't watch the show normally but I'll definitely do so this time.

The bad news is I'll be on a plane during the original airtime. If someone can video it and post it afterwards that would be great.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭
    DVR is set on go. image

Mike
  • mikeygmikeyg Posts: 1,002

I hope someone puts the episode on you tube.In NY monday night is all repeats...ricks steak...pawnoccio,bow legged etc maybe its on a different night here.
    OOOPS checked again.apparently they have a marathon of pawn stars and I was looking at 10:30am.Its on at 10:30pmimage
  • amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I'll come out of the closet and come meet a coin dealer turned Movie Star! I have followed this and look foward to watching it! I also enjoy your coinshow reports very much!

Kudos to you Charmy!
  • fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    congrats. it should be cool.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very excited to be seeing it!
    Congratulations. Sounds like you're having a blast!

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Thanks for the reminder. I don't normally watch the show but will do so this time.
  • richbeatrichbeat Posts: 2,288
    Congrats from me also. I'll be watching! image
  • WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Charmy, you have been star to us way before this show! Lets hope you decide mot to move down the street to Hollywood!

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • JustlookingJustlooking Posts: 2,895
    If I had cable, I'd watch it! Somebody YouTube the segment! Or I guess I can catch it online soon after airing ... Fun!
    Let's try not to get upset.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file