Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

Ron Lewis 500 HR Auto Litho - PRICE REDUCED

ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

I bought this several years ago and am considering selling it. I still love it and never thought I’d part with it, but the piece is just too big for where I’m moving.

It is about 28x43 inches framed.

Is anyone interested?

Price reduced to $1250 plus actual cost to pack/ship.

Comments

• I’ll give you tree fiddy

• Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

What are you looking to get for it?

• It’s really an awesome piece, I am interested to hear a price too

• ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

I paid $1500 back in 2008 or so. I will sell it for that price plus actual packing/shipping cost. I think that’s about $200 depending on location. Please pm me if interested.

This is absolutely beautiful. You usually see the signatures obscuring the players' bodies and faces. This one is so clean. Does anyone know if the different print runs were signed differently?

Hey guys - if anyone is interested, please PM me.

• SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2018 4:25PM

I think you have a great piece here. Someone will bite on it. Question for you since i'm unfamiliar with autographs: each of these players sat down and signed 1,000 copies? Seems like a lot of copies to sign in one sitting. I'm assuming if these were an auto-pen then JSA would note that, right? thanks in advance

Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.

There was a famous card show in Atlantic City in 1988 (I think) where all of the living 500 HR hitters attended and signed the lithos. Amazing, right?

Also, this is still available, if anyone is interested.

Price reduced - $1250 plus actual cost to pack/ship.

Please email me directly at andrew.wiesner@gmail.com if you're interested.

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭

The show was in 1991 I believe.
    Most of these are signed along the leg and most posters have Pete rose hit king along the top.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets

@jay0791 said:
    The show was in 1991 I believe.
    Most of these are signed along the leg and most posters have Pete rose hit king along the top.

I have never seen that. Why would Pete Rose sign a 500 home run club print?

Here is the pete rose Marketing Litho.
    Any version is still the Ron Lewis art

As you see most are signed along the leg.

Years ago I knew someone who had the last auto to get of Willie mays.

All the auto's were along the leg....he signed on the bottom. Words cannot describe how pissed he was.

Personally I think uniformity is the key all one way.

Here is the mini version of the same thing

1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets

1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets

The above ln original post looks like someone added a white strip to the litho
    before any signatures were obtained.

I don't get it for some reason a 500 HR signed baseball is in greater demand and costly than
    the Ron Lewis.

For those that don't know R Lewis art is world famous and just makes fantastic collectability.

1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets

@jay0791 said:
    The above ln original post looks like someone added a white strip to the litho
    before any signatures were obtained.

I don't get it for some reason a 500 HR signed baseball is in greater demand and costly than
    the Ron Lewis.

For those that don't know R Lewis art is world famous and just makes fantastic collectability.

There's no white strip added. They were produced that way to give a nice, clear space for the autographs. It is a truly stunning piece.

Also, I've taken the litho with me to Europe, so it's off the market, unless you want to pick it up in Bavaria...

• RocuanRocuan Posts: 403 ✭✭✭

I was at the show. Got a ball signed by all but Jackson. He was there but DID NOT SIGN at the show. A few days before he got a very bad cut on his hand. It was bandaged so big it looked like a catchers mitt. You could use his ticket for anyone else. I got another Mantle. If anyone says they got all the signatures at the show, don't believe it. I got Jackson months later at another show. If you had an advance ticket for all the players they gave you a 500 HR poster with the Courtesy of Pete Rose notice on the bottom. I still have mine and the ball, authenticated by JSA.. Also later got Eddie Murray to sign it, I was a big Orioles fan, and he was not a juicer.

Ro

@Rocuan said:
    I was at the show. Got a ball signed by all but Jackson. He was there but DID NOT SIGN at the show. A few days before he got a very bad cut on his hand. It was bandaged so big it looked like a catchers mitt. You could use his ticket for anyone else. I got another Mantle. If anyone says they got all the signatures at the show, don't believe it. I got Jackson months later at another show. If you had an advance ticket for all the players they gave you a 500 HR poster with the Courtesy of Pete Rose notice on the bottom. I still have mine and the ball, authenticated by JSA.. Also later got Eddie Murray to sign it, I was a big Orioles fan, and he was not a juicer.

Did you ever get Jackson on your ball?

• RocuanRocuan Posts: 403 ✭✭✭

Yes (noted) . At another show. He also put "44" in the J.
    Roland

Ro