Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

One last question

MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 19, 2018 6:14AM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

See my last post.

So I am mostly a coin guy and have never done a coin submission, let alone paper money submission and I have a few questions I was hoping to get answered before getting started.
If I join Collectors Club and get a platinum membership it shows you get 15 free submission vouchers good up to $3,000. Are those vouchers regular or economy? At $239 it seems like a no-brainer to and pay for the platinum beings I have 14 to submit but could probably come up with a 15th.
If I did that option I can use those vouchers on state bank notes right?
How long can I expect it to take from when I ship them till I receive them back?
Are the vouchers mailed to me or do I print them off?
How does return shipping work?

Sorry for the unorganized list of questions, it is just my first time and I don't want things to go wrong.
Thanks for your help.

Comments

• gnatgnat Posts: 392 ✭✭✭

It would be best to ask PCGS Currency directly.
    However, it is my understanding that the Vouchers may not be Regular submission level (maybe more like somewhere between Regular and Economy, YMMV). Even so, it is a bargain to have notes worth up to $3K to be graded for such a bargain rate. If you are in a hurry, consider a different service level.
    The Vouchers are good for pretty much any note submission - and you do have to submit all 15 at the same time (with the voucher)
    Vouchers are mailed to you.
    You pay for return shipping when you send in your order.
    You might want to consider signing up and then submitting the notes at a Show to save of postage sending them in.

• TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭

It's a great deal for sure, but like gnat mentioned if you are in a hurry pick a different tier like Express. ;)

• synchrsynchr Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭

Purchased my PCGS Collector's Club Jan 7th, the 15 notes were returned May 2
    They take nearly 6 weeks to snail mail you "the packet"

Contrast this with PMG, 12 Notes submitted as Standard on 03/01/2018, shipped back on 03/21/2018 and you get PMG's superior website tracking status and return packaging.

• MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

@synchr said:
    Purchased my PCGS Collector's Club Jan 7th, the 15 notes were returned May 2
    They take nearly 6 weeks to snail mail you "the packet"

Contrast this with PMG, 12 Notes submitted as Standard on 03/01/2018, shipped back on 03/21/2018 and you get PMG's superior website tracking status and return packaging.

I called and they said the packet goes out the next day... I hope to be receiving the packet by this weekend, I am in Iowa and if it is coming from Peoria, Illinois that shouldn't take too long. Probably a little late now as I already made the purchase. Are you saying you purchased your membership in January and received your packet in late February?

edited May 15, 2018 5:54AM

Correct, I purchased my PCGS membership on Jan 7 and it arrived the last week of Feb.
    It sounds like PCGS is responding to the service complaints. Next I hope PCGS update your submittal status, that is another area PMG has much better transparency.

• MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

One last question, I tried calling PCGS but it is Saturday and they are closed until Monday. I bought the membership with 15 free submissions and I have 18 notes I want to submit. Can I put them all on the same form and ship them together, or do I have to fill out two separate forms? If I do two forms can they be sent in the same box?

@MorganMan94 said:
    One last question, I tried calling PCGS but it is Saturday and they are closed until Monday. I bought the membership with 15 free submissions and I have 18 notes I want to submit. Can I put them all on the same form and ship them together, or do I have to fill out two separate forms? If I do two forms can they be sent in the same box?

1) Two forms for two orders;
    Your 15 included in membership and 3 outside of that.

2) Yes, Ship both together with the two orders spearated

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

:) !!!

Timbuk3