Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

2nd request - ANA Summer Seminar YN scholarship auction

About a month ago, I posted a request video for numismatic items to be donated to this year's ANA Summer Seminar's YN auction. The items will be auctioned at this year's summer seminars during the second half of June. Thank you to those who sent in items.

There is still time for everyone to send in an item or two. In addition to raising a lot of money to pay for future YN scholarships (YNs fill out a long application noting their numismatic accomplishments and interests and those selected will receive a full or partial scholarship that includes airfare, room and board, and the seminar class itself), all the YNs are responsible for running the auction which includes, lot viewing, creating the auction catalog, running the auction, and the auction accounting.

This will be my fourth year attending and each year I have become more involved in the auction and was asked to be the head of week's one auction. It is my hope that the auction raises a great deal of money so more young collectors can attend next year. The experience both young and seasoned collectors receive at the seminar is outstanding. Many of the YNs I have met will remain collectors the rest of their lives and I am sure will do their best to introduce more kids to our hobby.

The items you donate do not have to be expensive. $25.00 and up would be great. Here is the updated video I just made along with a link to the donation form to use and send along with your donated item. If you do donate, please share what you donated on this thread. Many of you are very supportive of YNs and I know on a personal level, my love for numismatics was thanks to two numismatists who have mentored me.

The seminar attendees are very generous and bid up the items so the more items the better. Here is my video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DPN6yN2opQ

Here is a link to the printable donation form:

https://numismaticswithkenny.files.wordpress.com/2018/03/yn-auction-donation-form-with-kenny.pdf

Please send the numismatic items before June 10th.

Thanks so much!

Kenny