Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Platinum Eagle Upgrades Needed (nicer MS-69 specimens)

jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 8, 2019 5:46AM in PCGS Set Registry Forum

I have a couple of MS-69 Platinum Eagles that are not up to snuff as MS-69s. I'm looking for MS-69 specimens that are nicer than my current MS-69 coins - for my Registry Set.

I need to upgrade my 1/2 oz. 1999 Unc and my 1 oz 1998 Unc coins to decent-looking MS-69s.

The ones I have are not MS-69 even tho' that's what the labels say, but that's an entirely separate issue.

Any inputs or leads would be much appreciated.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

Comments

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 8, 2019 5:48AM

Does anyone have either of these in MS-69 laying around? I'm looking for decent coins, not perfect but decent.

1999 1/2 oz. Platinum Eagle, PCGS MS-69

1998 1 oz. Platinum Eagle, PCGS MS-69

High res photos and return policy desired. (I might consider raw if we both think the coin will grade, and if the photos are representative.)

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are relatively tough dates. I just looked and don't have any spares of them. Mine are in older holders, so sometime I might take a look at them for reconsideration and gradeflation hopes.

As you know really nice MS platinum's are very hard to find and certainly are not cheap. I have been looking at several for a couple years and just can't justify the crazy high asking prices.