Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

1952 Proof Set with SuperBIRD Quarter & Color... SOLD

MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's an old 52 Proof set. Beautiful toning on the dime & quarter both. The Quarter has the Superbird S on the breast. It's clean and totally devoid of visible hairlines. I would expect nothing less than a PF65 or 66.
The dime is pretty stunning and is the most attractive coin in the set. The reverse blues run deep around the coin. It is immaculate clean as well, no hairlines at all that I can find. The nickle is a bit hazy but well struck. The Lincoln proof is half cameo. The reverse wheat stocks are frosty and contrast really boldly from the mirror fields... sadly the obverse is not. The whole cent has a nice light toning to it, it's pretty. The half dollar is not as attractive as the others, there is a splotch of color on the obverse with an interesting blue haze strip on the reverse. It also has an obverse fingerprint but I do not see hairlines. It's nice enough for an early proof but not really the star of the entire set.

That's my best description... I took quite a few photos. It is absolutely, 100% the FS-901 Superbird variety.
SOLD, THANKS
photo 52 proof.jpg
photo 52 proof 2.jpg
photo CLOSEUP 52.jpg

Comments