Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone take advantage of the $10 specials offered by our host and two other TPGS in December?

Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

It should be obvious that business slows down in December for all the TPGS. AFAIK, only one major service did not offer a $10 Special. I'm interested in how many members participated, the number of coins required to receive that rate, and the turnaround time. Let's call it market research.

Comments

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

What were the specials? I usually send some daniel carrs to anacs when they have a special, but I never see a decent $10 special with anyone else.

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2018 2:28PM

ICG for your Dan Carr pcs.

$10 ea for 5 or more thru 2/02/18

http://www.icgcoin.com/specials/

GrandAm :)
  • Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:
    What were the specials? I usually send some daniel carrs to anacs when they have a special, but I never see a decent $10 special with anyone else.

I just heard about one from a top tier service - our host for the first time ever. I was curious as to the particulars - what was the deal?

The two second tier services run $10/coin specials several times a year including during the December slow down.

• logger7logger7 Posts: 8,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

PCGS went up to $20 for dealers, NGC is still at $17

I recommend ICG's special where the two main services' grading, invoice fee, etc. puts the cost too high.

I have a group of common walkers and unless I get some gem grades the whole ordeal at PCGS would be a loser.

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@logger7 said:
    PCGS went up to $20 for dealers, NGC is still at $17

I recommend ICG's special where the two main services' grading, invoice fee, etc. puts the cost too high.

I have a group of common walkers and unless I get some gem grades the whole ordeal at PCGS would be a loser.

This is not any special deal. I'm looking for info on the special deal for dealers that has recently expired.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file