Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

(SOLD) 1 lot of 10 Lbs Bulk World Coins; Most are 1950's thru 70's, 95% Are BU (or Proof)

ProfHaroldHillProfHaroldHill Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭

One lot of 10 Pounds of World Coins. I doubt many actually circulated, but I've not examined every coin closely, so I'm figuring surely some have slight wear. (My estimate is 5%, to be safe.)

Other than those in sealed packs or flips, the proof coins will have varying levels of marks from being in a bulk container. The 12 Warships of WW2 Crowns (1993 Gibraltar) are mostly gems, and they're in the original capsules, but there are two with some carbon spots. (These weigh 1 oz each, outside the capsules, so I added them by known weight (12 oz), not by weighing on the scale in the capsules.)

The group of carded and flipped coins WERE weighed in the flips and 2x2's, but I figured them at 8 ounces, instead of 14 ounces, which is what they weigh in the holders. (See pic at bottom.)

Total = 10 pounds.

Most are from the 50's thru the 70's, but there are a few later, some post-2000, (I see a 2008 East Caribbean States 2 cent pc, for example.) Most of the proofs are 1970's dated, w/some 60's & some 80's, (I found no 50's proof coins.)

Important note: There are a few PL coins in with the proofs, (a few I'm not sure whether proof or PL!)

For the entire lot: (SOLD) Plus $8.00 (that's 1/2 my cost) for Insured Priority Mail Flat-Rate shipping.

Total = $88.00 As always, regular PayPal is fine. (Price is to US address)

I'll pack the coins in several separate bags, keeping them in the groupings shown in the pics below, before boxing them up.

Below: Panorama of all the coins.

MANY of the coins are apparently from old rolls, since there are multiple of the same date, (up to a few dozen of some.) 15 to 20 each of the 1967 or 1964 Great Britain Pennies and 1/2 Pennies, (a lot of full red, with one nicely toned,) Lots of Denmark 5 and 25 Ore, all 1969, multiple Jamaica 1/2 pennies, all 1964, several India 10 paisa, all 1961, etc, etc.

There are 16 Winston Churchill Crowns, one in an old plastic holder.
The 12 Warships of WW2 are 1993 PF Crown issues from Gibraltar.

Below: The proof & PL coins.

The largest group in the lot, just over 3 pounds of unsorted coins, and again there are several examples where there are multiples of the same date/denomination. (Plenty of "1 or 2 only" also.)

Below: The carded coins, 'flipped' coins, and 'cut outs' from mint-packed BU and PF set issues, (the Franklin Mint struck many of them, if my memory serves me well.) Bahamas, Trinidad/Tobago, Jamaica, Cook Islands, BVI, and possibly others(?) I left the 2 by 2'd coins as-is, since it's not worth the work to take them out, (and in shipping, it protects them.)

There are some interesting prices on a few(!) however, NONE of the $ valuations were done by me, and they should be ignored when assessing the lot. (Tho I imagine some may reflect what can be had at retail.)

I remember when!

Comments