Home U.S. Coin Forum

My Baltimore show report - with just Photos Added

FunwithMPLFunwithMPL Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
edited November 22, 2017 7:49AM in U.S. Coin Forum

************Went down on Mondat afternoon to meet Andy and Alynne Skrabalak of ANGEL DEE'S gave him a few of my Matte Proof Lincoln's to submitted to PCGS. Well he submitted 34 for me. On Friday I drove back down to the show to find out how we did.
Out of the 34 we submitted 11 upgraded. Here are my upgrades.

1909 Pf 65RB to 66RB

1910 Pf 65BN to 66BN

1911 Pf 66RB to 66+RB

1912 Pf 66BN to 67BN

1912 Pf 66BN to 66+BN

1912 Pf 65BN to 66BN

1913 Pf 66RB to 66+RB

1913 Pf 65BN to 66BN

1914 Pf 66BN to 67BN

1915 Pf 67BN to 67+BN

1916Pf 64BN to 65BN

Andy does know his stuff. And I do have Fun with MATTE PROOF LINCOLN CENTS. Carl DD

Collector

Comments

• MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭

Those are nice results. Congrats. Do you have pics of any of them?

Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • FunwithMPLFunwithMPL Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2017 6:03AM

I will work on pics on Sunday or Monday. Have a problem with my camera sorry everybody.

Collector
  • deefree49deefree49 Posts: 282 ✭✭✭

Carl, That is awesome stuff! That is really nice Andy was able to do that for you. I'm also looking forward to your pictures.

Not trying to steal your thunder by any means but I'd just like to add that I've had very good results with Andy doing upgrades for me. The most recent was an S-VDB that jumped from 64 to 66. I was in shock for awhile over that one.

Lincoln coin lover, especially Matte Proofs
  • BigMooseBigMoose Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

Carl, sorry to have missed you at the show but needed to leave early Friday for other business. I did get to look at your 11 MPLs that upgraded as per your instructions to Angel Dees. They were wonderful--the 1915, in particular, is phenomenal!! Congratulations on a superb submission. TomT.

TomT-1794

Check out some of my 1794 Large Cents on www.coingallery.org
  • RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

Carl, those are some great coins, the grades were super even before the upgrades. Will be interested in seeing the pics. Sorry I didn't see you at the show, my friend!

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FunwithMPL.... Wow... super results..... I bet you are still smiling.... :) That good news certainly eclipsed anything else at the show..... Cheers, RickO

• WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats Carl!! Glad for you.

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

Carl miss talking with you at the PAN show
    feel free to stop by and talk sometime.
    Any chance you will show up at the Annadale show?

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

Always a good day to have upgrades! Congrats!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...

you have the right idea MPL, you did the drag and drop ok.

you did drag and drop a .docx file, which is a word processor file. and it put the word processor file in just fine.

for the images, find the image files on your computer and drag and drop those. They will end in:
    .jpg
    or
    .jpeg
    or
    .bmp
    or
    .png
    or
    .gif
    or
    .tif
    or a bunch of lesser used standards

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

I like the nice even brown across the reverse.

• MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't wait to see pics! Did you send for Regrade or Reconsideration? I just picked up a couple MPL's myself.

www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice grades on coins that are difficult to find in such conditions.

• OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

FABULOUS results. I look forward to your posting the pics. I do collect that series (incomplete) and love to see the best.

OINK

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fantastic! good on you!!

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got to see these in hand - awesome results, and super amazing beautiful MPLS! Congratulations Carl!

Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • FunwithMPLFunwithMPL Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    edited November 22, 2017 7:50AM

**Photos just added **:)

Collector
  • deefree49deefree49 Posts: 282 ✭✭✭

Carl, those are real beauties. It is good that PCGS now realizes that. After seeing your images, congratulations are in order all over again! NICE!

Also, Andy did great with those!

Lincoln coin lover, especially Matte Proofs
  • WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

What beauties! I can't stop looking at the 1915.

• robecrobec Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow!! Fantastic results!! Very impressive. Congratulations.

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Out of the 34 we submitted 11 upgraded. Here are my upgrades."

Were they all cracked out of the holder during grading or not?

Regrade or reconsideration?

GrandAm :)
  • BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW, most Lincoln collectors can only dream of grades like that. Congrats .

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some beautiful upgrades. Congratulations!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file