Home Sports Talk

The $10,000,000 head coach gets his butt kicked in Orlando.

Comments

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonder what Belechick would be paid if his players worked for free? Quite a racket by the NCAA.

• ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

"...College football is by all accounts close to a 5 billion dollar industry....."

That is what has changed what was amateur football into a huge professional business. Universities run with some or largely public dollars are now operating the minor league system for the NFL. When sports coaches and staff earn more than professors, something is way out of whack. Priorities have become distorted to put it mildly.

The question now is what needs to change in how colleges run it, or should it even be a part of college athletics. Baseball has it's own funded minor league system.

Oh, the name is Harbum, not Harbaugh. On Wisconsin.

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2017 7:58PM

College baseball places many of it players into professional baseball. So they fund it as well.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

The 6 million dollar bum RichRod goes down to Oregon.

Heh heh.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:
    The 6 million dollar bum RichRod goes down to Oregon.

Heh heh.

If Oregon would have lost it would have been their 6 million dollar bum. All these coaches make millions so you will have someone to gloat over every game. Someone has to lose

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

don't worry glick , the salaries are going to come down. Concussion issues will transform the game into something like t-ball and then no one will watch it.

In any case we no longer need sports in america , we will get by just staring at the screens of our phones, tablets and whatnot . Question how do the kids learn to play live action sports if they never go outside?

Maybe the answer is video game football televised live We can watch madden on our tiny i-watch screens . Our heros will be fat out of shape video game nerds that will take steroids to bulk up their thumb muscles :D

Future sports cards will have pictures of bespectacled dweebs squatting in their parents basements with controller in hand

• garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

Harbaugh is Michigans john cooper. A decent coach, but he will never win a championship. At least cooper had a winning record against Michigan state. Harbaugh will be gone in two years.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

Eh, they lost by 11 after having a touchdown (wrongly) not awarded and having their (2nd string) QB knocked out. Stuff happens.

@Tabe said:
    Eh, they lost by 11 after having a touchdown (wrongly) not awarded and having their (2nd string) QB knocked out. Stuff happens.

Maybe they can get Kaepernick by Saturday.

:)

Well 8-5 is still respectable!

;)

He will be bolting for the nfl soon lol.

• HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Harbaugh = all bark and no bite

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand a "Go Fund Me" account has been started in Columbus to pay Harbaugh to stay where he is.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

This was Harbaugh's third season.

It is hard to win games with 5 turnovers.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

edited January 1, 2018 6:47PM

@coinkat said:

No shortage of excuses for Jimmy. Quarterback injured, 5 turnovers, jaw froze in the cold weather.

Fellow on the radio noted that Michigan has not won a game this season against a team with a winning record. If that is true, he should be on the bus to Baltimore by Wednesday.

Harbaugh has gone 10-3; 10-3 and 8-5. No question that today's loss is a disappointment to the UM crowd. But talk of replacing him is premature and ill-advised. Harbaugh is a Michigan guy and knows what is expected. I don't see a better coach that can do more for the Michigan program. Patience is a virtue... Something that is rare among alumni and the fan base at big name programs.

The issue is the payday. You buy a Ferrari, you expect to get to 60 MPH in less than 9 seconds.

Harbaugh is 1-5 against Michigan State/Ohio State.

@Coinstartled said:

@coinkat said:

No shortage of excuses for Jimmy. Quarterback injured, 5 turnovers, jaw froze in the cold weather.

Fellow on the radio noted that Michigan has not won a game this season against a team with a winning record. If that is true, he should be on the bus to Baltimore by Wednesday.

They beat one team with a winning record- Purdue. Harbaughs record after 3 yrs is just 2 wins better compared to Hoke.

@Brick said:
    I understand a "Go Fund Me" account has been started in Columbus to pay Harbaugh to stay where he is.

Ha!

• ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

He also blew the perfect bowl record for the Big Ten this year.

On Wisconsin.

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

Makes one wonder what H. L. Mencken would say...

@coinkat said:

Mencken was a racist. His opinions are worthless.

We cannot change or re-write history... We can learn from it which seems to be the path least explored.

How long before he is the colts coach?

I read on ESPN he is taking his team to South Africa? How about a college playoff?

@HighGradeLegends said:
    I read on ESPN he is taking his team to South Africa? How about a college playoff?

Maybe he is recruiting Oscar Pistorius as place kicker.

@Coinstartled said:

@HighGradeLegends said:

HA!

@Coinstartled said:

@HighGradeLegends said:

Oscar really made a mess of his life , for a while there he had the world at his feet

edited May 23, 2018 9:13AM

Recent chatter about a lifetime contract for Harbaugh.

Somewhere Woody is laughing and Bo is crying.

And butt kicked in south bend

Too early in the game to talk Holiday Bowl.

• markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:

@coinkat said:

Mencken was a racist. His opinions are worthless.

I don’t get the connection.

Screw this thread , I bust my ass to make a foot related joke about Oscar Pistorius and 3 months later its still lying there un-LOLed

bronco... Tough crowd here. The search is still ongoing for the Jack Benny of the Sports talk forum.

@coinkat said:
    bronco... Tough crowd here. The search is still ongoing for the Jack Benny of the Sports talk forum.

Now cut that out!!!!

edited September 2, 2018 4:04PM

Your money or your life!

I'm thinking it over...

@bronco2078 said:
    Screw this thread , I bust my ass to make a foot related joke about Oscar Pistorius and 3 months later its still lying there un-LOLed

Don't need another kneeler.

@Coinstartled said:

@bronco2078 said:

Don't need another kneeler.

Are you suggesting that a guy with no lower legs who is just standing there is actually kneeling?

I am suggesting that my local team got a bargain. We lost our opening game with a three million dollar coach.

Maybe they can bring back Brady Hoke.

@garnettstyle said:
    Maybe they can bring back Brady Hoke.

Harbaugh: 1-6 record against rivals Ohio State, Michigan State and Notre Dame; has not beat a ranked team on the road.

Sounds like money well spent.

Hoke better than that

A picture of Bo on the sideline along with a group of high school assitants would do better.

I should change the title to $5,000,000 and Kevin Sumlin to fulfill TNP777's narrative.

And so it goes.

edited November 24, 2018 2:24PM

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

The good news for Ohio State was that they kicked Michigan’s butt. The bad news is that they gave up a lot of points.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Chokebaugh is the OSU MVP several years in a row now

Bo would have won today.

:*

edited November 24, 2018 3:54PM

@BillJones said:
    The good news for Ohio State was that they kicked Michigan’s butt. The bad news is that they gave up a lot of points.

Not as many as Oklahoma. And Oklahoma don't play against great defenses. Overall OSU defense played great. Had a interception and one of Michigan's TD's came as a result of a special teams blunder in the second quarter.