Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Quantity and Distribution of Gould Private Patterns

RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 26, 2017 12:39PM in U.S. Coin Forum

The draft table presented below shows the quantity and variety distribution of all Gould private pattern pieces presently accounted for. These data come from auctions dating back to 1994, museum collections, and private holdings. As you can see, the quantities of each variety and metal are very small.

I'm posting this in the hope that it will drag additional pieces out of the woodwork, and thus help produce a more accurate population distribution. (TPG and related populations are of no value because they are not based on design varieties.) In any case, enjoy the material.... :)

Comments

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting, thanks for posting

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

It sure appears they were promoting titanium based on the quantities compared to other metals. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps 5+ years ago, I bought a small group of the Gould patterns from a guy who said, IIRC, that he purchased them in a storage locker auction. They came in two small plastic bags, each with a label identifying the contents. Less than 10 coins total, I think. I sold the coins and kept the labels. (RWB - If you want the labels, they're yours.)

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2017 1:42PM

Andy,
    Yes, I'd love to use the labels! They add a lot to the story and general interest in the subject. The article, as might be apparent from my previous investigations, will not be just a "deadly list" of descriptions and numbers.

[PS: Let me know via PM or email how you want the credit line to read.]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file