Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

MS 1886O ? VAM #..?

Hi everyone. Thanks for all the wonderful knowledge and experience shared here. Extremely informative! I am curious what grade you all would put this coin at..? She's quite a beauty in hand, full of luster, and I have tried to show the more "ugly "side for grading purposes. Appears to be VAM1A WITHOUT the notorious "E"..? I'm a novice collector. i think this kinda coin is what was termed a slider, unless I'm mistaken. Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would grade the coin AU55. It has been cleaned but the services are usually pretty forgiving of cleaning on AU Morgans.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

AU50-55..... photographs are tough to evaluate.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 22, 2017 8:06AM

Hard for me to identify the VAM from your pics but I do agree with your assessment of the coin as a "slider". I love the Morgan series as well and this place is a wealth of information for a novice collector as yourself. Learn as much as you can before laying down your hard earned dollars. If you are looking for an "E" clash that is readily available look at the 1891 O.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

A couple of the reverse pics didn't post. Haven't found a VAM that fits this yet, will try to post more pics later. Thanks for the replies

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file