Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Are you ready for the 2019 ATB quarters?

BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coin World published SIXTY-FOUR proposed designs for the 2019 ATB quarters.

coinworld: Sixty-four designs proposed for five 2019 America the Beautiful quarter dollars

I've only been to one of the featured sites, the San Antonio Missions National Historical Park. It does not include the Alamo, which is a Daughters of the Republic of Texas site. It does include four of the remaining (still operating) missions, Concepcion, Espada, San Jose and San Juan. If you can find it, Mission San Francisco only has a plaque indicating where the mission used to be before it was razed.

If you have a car, it's a very cool place to go and explore if you're in the San Antonio area.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are a couple of interesting proposals.... will wait to see what the committee selects.... not really expecting anything good.... Committees are consensus decisions which guarantee mediocrity - or worse. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭✭

Some interesting designs. I'll have to weed thru them & come up with my list of favorites. If someone is good at creating polls on this Forum, it might be fun to create a pool-based "Giveaway" with a specific cut-off date. People could choose their favorites, and a prize go to the person with the most correct in the end..... I'd contribute something/item towards any prize......

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, Mariana = UGLY & Guam too....Is that all they can do for Texas?
    And what is up with "River of no Return"?

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 20, 2017 2:18PM

@7Jaguars said:
    And what is up with "River of no Return"?

Little girl jumping off a cliff? :#

• Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

Meh.

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 20, 2017 2:44PM

if a weapon of war is consider beautiful I would rather choose the image below.

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭✭

What's with all the fish & turtles on the "War in the Pacific" submissions? Only 1 of those has any sign of war (sunken airplane engine). The rest are generic nature shots. Good for a nature preserve theme, but nothing really to do with the "War.....". Same with the "River of No Return". Maybe the girl is more at home at Woodstock? And I get the wolves (might have been a nice idea to have a few waiting on the shoreline for the boat to capsize & the occupant to wash ashore), but what's with the chipmunk or whatever that is? And I don't get the one with the salmon...... they ALWAYS return!!! :o;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file