Home U.S. Coin Forum

Weekend eBay Bucks

Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have an 8% off offer that goes through Sunday. That never happens. Many of the auctions I do watch end on Sunday, and $100 off per coin is found money. (It is capped at that per item)

Comments

• ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 15, 2017 9:30AM

Dang, I did not get that one. I always get the BIN offers. I do have auctions ending on Sunday ;)

Hmmmm. I did just get a warning from ebay NOT to sell outside their system. Guess I am being monitored or I triggered a look from one of my replies. Hope I am not on their naughty list.

• Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

• CoinPhysicistCoinPhysicist Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭

Might use my bucks to buy a new iPhone this weekend if I can find one at a reasonable price. Was waiting for last Tuesday before pulling the trigger. 8% back on an iPhone seems great.

Successful transactions with: wondercoin, Tetromibi, PerryHall, PlatinumDuck, JohnMaben/Pegasus Coin & Jewelry, CoinFlip, and coinlieutenant.

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got it as well, and just bought a coin.
    Hope some buyers decide to do the same and stuff starts flying off the shelves like in the old days...lol

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing for me again.

Many happy BST transactions
  • jtlee321jtlee321 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've finally started getting these again. Not sure what the trigger was, but I'm not going to stir the pot.

• clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got that same thing on my home page a while back. I clicked on it and it said I wasn't eligible for this offer. Tease!

I haven't received any ebay bucks promotions for close to 2 years now.

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭✭

Received this one as well...internet is being hooked up a new residence today. I may have to see if anything remains on my "watch" list from two weeks ago.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • PhilLynottPhilLynott Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 15, 2017 1:27PM

Been on ebay since 2003 and never received one offer (and I've done everything you're supposed to do to try and get offers). Testing out a strategy right now where I keep watching a ton of items and don't buy anything for a few months to see if that triggers the algorithm. Not even going to search for coins as to not be tempted. On day 16 right now. Wish me luck.

• amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Already used it! :D

Getting close to maxing out my 2nd account!

• GoldenEggGoldenEgg Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

Make sure to activate your offer before making purchases!

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ErrorsOnCoins said:
    Dang, I did not get that one. I always get the BIN offers. I do have auctions ending on Sunday ;)

Hmmmm. I did just get a warning from ebay NOT to sell outside their system. Guess I am being monitored or I triggered a look from one of my replies. Hope I am not on their naughty list.

That will do it. A potential buyer asked my for additional images on a coin and included an email address. For that alone I got a nasty note from Ebay and my bonus bucks went out the window,

Ebay is not all that great.....

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I should get some kind of bonus from ebay, with all the emails they send me to 'look at this' or 'great deal'.
    I am about to block them on email.... Cheers, RickO

• jkrkjkrk Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received and activated the offer. I'm not sure why but just about every gold coin I hit up has no E-Bucks offer. What am I missing?

• U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jkrk said:
    I received and activated the offer. I'm not sure why but just about every gold coin I hit up has no E-Bucks offer. What am I missing?

Items in the bullion category are excluded from these offers.

In the past, I've always received e-bucks when buying pre 33 gold coins..

I never received any for buying modern bullion coins.

Is This is the first offer to exclude pre 33 coins?

I

The bullion category never receives ebay bucks offers as the fees are lower in the bullion category.

@jkrk said:

Here is the category I'm looking in and don't see an e-bucks offer.

Coins & Paper Money
    >
    Coins: US
    >
    Gold (Pre-1933)
    >
    $20, Double Eagle
    >
    See more 1900 Gold Liberty

Is it possible that since I'm on a selling promo I am not seeing any e-bucks?

I just looked at a random listing in that category and I would receive the 8% ebay bucks(actually $100 since it's capped at that)

@jkrk said:

Coins & Paper Money
    >
    >
    Gold (Pre-1933)
    >
    $20, Double Eagle
    >

• SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 399 ✭✭✭

I've had that happen in the past, just go back to activate offer again and should take care of it.

@jkrk said:

Coins & Paper Money
    >
    >
    Gold (Pre-1933)
    >
    $20, Double Eagle
    >

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin said:
    I just looked at a random listing in that category and I would receive the 8% ebay bucks(actually $100 since it's capped at that)

@jkrk said:

Coins & Paper Money
    >
    >
    Gold (Pre-1933)
    >
    $20, Double Eagle
    >

The item could be listed in two categories, one of them being a Bullion category. That would be enough to negate Ebay Bucks.

edited September 16, 2017 10:01AM

@Coinstartled said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

That will do it. A potential buyer asked my for additional images on a coin and included an email address. For that alone I got a nasty note from Ebay and my bonus bucks went out the window,

Hope I get in their good graces again.

Ebay is a great marketplace where one can build a high end business with the right skills.

Ebay gives you a Huge audience, how you get that audiences attention is up to you.

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@Coinstartled said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

Hope I get in their good graces again.

Ebay is a great marketplace where one can build a high end business with the right skills.

EBay gives you an Huge audience, how you get that audiences attention is up to you.

The once level playing field is gone. You get hit with a warning letter for another users actions and the bonus bucks are gone. That can cause you to be bidding against another member with a 9% advantage.

But dream on.....

It's their (ebays) bucks and they can choose to offer it to whomever they choose. Apparently you and I went outside ebays rules and they may have revoked are bucks offers. I do not blame them as it is their business. That does not change the fact that ebay is the biggest coin marketplace on earth. I do agree I will not be buying things that I would normally wait to get 10% off on. No worries many other places to buy those things. I may buy less inventory from BIN's. I will still buy eye appeal when priced right.

I absolutely will sell ever week with 99 cent auctions .....

edited September 16, 2017 2:58PM

@ErrorsOnCoins said:
    It's their (ebays) bucks and they can choose to offer it to whomever they choose. Apparently you and I went outside ebays rules and they may have revoked are bucks offers.

I never went outside of EBay's rules. Another user that contacted me did. How can I determine which of 150,000,000 of their account holders will send me an unsolicited email address.

Apparently maybe you did and maybe you did not.
    Which is it?

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,318 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got it too and of course I just bought a coin a couple days ago...

Collector, occasional seller

• Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

How does one use Ebay bucks? I have some but when do you use them, at check out?

• U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 16, 2017 1:29PM

@thebigeng said:
    How does one use Ebay bucks? I have some but when do you use them, at check out?

You accumulate them over the quarter (each 3 month period: Jan-Mar, Apr-Jun, etc) and can redeem at checkout near the beginning of the next month after the quarter ends (i.e. Oct 2nd after the Jul-Sept Quarter ends). After each quarter is over, ebay usually sends you an email with how many bucks were accumulated and tells you that they have to be spent within 1 month. Your balance is also viewable within your ebay account.

Once the spending period begins, you will either be able to check a box at checkout in order to use the ebucks or you can enter a code that ebay will provide.

• LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,289 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been getting offers for 8% on the buy and sell side - one of the benny's of an eBay store, I'm guessing.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,185 ✭✭✭✭✭

@U1chicago said:

@thebigeng said:

You accumulate them over the quarter (each 3 month period: Jan-Mar, Apr-Jun, etc) and can redeem at checkout near the beginning of the next month after the quarter ends (i.e. Oct 2nd after the Jul-Sept Quarter ends). After each quarter is over, ebay usually sends you an email with how many bucks were accumulated and tells you that they have to be spent within 1 month. Your balance is also viewable within your ebay account.

or you can click on "Ebay Bucks" under summary on left side of home page to see what you have accumulated, verify you earned it on the last purchase and see when the "cash in" date is.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

@ChrisH821 said:
    I got it too and of course I just bought a coin a couple days ago...

Buy another!

@derryb said:

@U1chicago said:

@thebigeng said:

or you can click on "Ebay Bucks" under summary on left side of home page to see what you have accumulated, verify you earned it on the last purchase and see when the "cash in" date is.

You also have to have your PayPal account linked and logged in.

@Wabbit2313 said:

@derryb said:

@U1chicago said:

@thebigeng said:

PP login not required to view ebay buck status. I pay with a PP account that is not linked to my ebay account and I can get full view of my ebay buck status in ebay.

@derryb said:

@Wabbit2313 said:

@derryb said:

@U1chicago said:

@thebigeng said:

PP login not required to view ebay buck status. I pay with a PP account that is not linked to my ebay account and I can get full view of my ebay buck status in ebay.

You can't use eBay bucks without being logged into PayPal, answering the dudes question.

You have to pay with paypal to spend the bucks. It does not have to be an account linked to the ebay account that has earned the bucks.

• ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

I am in for the @derryb 24,000 post count give away.

• Jackthecat1Jackthecat1 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

I used to get the bonus offers all the time. Ever since I closed my e-Bay store, I get nothing.

Member ANS, ANA, GSNA, TNC

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file