Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New Pick Up for me and just wanted to share an Augustus Humbert So Called dollar

coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 21, 2017 6:32PM in U.S. Coin Forum

c1940's Augustus Humbert $50 Facsimile - Parker II - J843 -Rare . Its a 2nd type of die struck Parker Facsimile with a slightly
different obverse with the Humbert Eagle standing atop a rounded rock.
NGC MS67
.btw, my images, I'm starting to get ok on taking pic's

A really pretty golden toning to it.

It makes a great compliment to the other SCD which is a
Parker Facsimile of the 1855 Kellogg & Company $50 round gold slug. Very rare.Reeded edge.
San Francisco coin dealer Earl Parker sold them as souvenirs at the ANA Conventions in the late 1940s
NGC MS67

Comments

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 21, 2017 8:32PM

Nice Earl Parker pieces and photos!

Do you know who did the engraving and minting on these?

The Kellogg slug looks like J-740G. It could be nice to get HK So-Called Dollar numbers for these.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent pictures Stef... and very nice specimens.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Zoins, sorry it took me so long to respond but yes the slug is a GILT J-740G. I forgot to post the information.
    I must admit I know very little regarding these particular ones, just enough to get me into trouble.
    I wish there was an online source to read up on all of the varieties......as there are so, so many.
    There is a member at NGC that has an amazing collection and I check up on his as his is so complete and he gives some background info on them.
    LINK HERE

@ricko, thanks so much for the nice compliment

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the look of those - congrats and nice pics!! :+1:

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice coins and pics :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are beautiful tokens. And I always thought you took great pics!

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    AmazonXAmazonX Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭

The reconstructive surgery after Lady Liberty's accident has not been kind to her.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file