Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

No Quick Response Code

slendaslenda Posts: 57 ✭✭
edited July 30, 2017 11:54PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I was browsing for some Ike Dollars on E bay in the new PCGS holder and I`m noticing none of them have the QR code on the reverse of the holder. Any ideas on this ?

Comments

• Options
    edited July 31, 2017 10:08AM

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is not something I would normally check for.... I suppose I should....but have not used them in any applications as yet.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2017 5:19AM

I don't use the little "maze" code on the reverse or the bar code on the front...and would not have noticed it either.

Could this have been one of the hologram on the outside holders that was removed one way or another? These holograms were notorious for being unintentionally removed with auction house labels. See reverse image below for outside hologram location.

http://numismatica.com/tag/pcgs/

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2017 10:09AM

• Options
    edited July 31, 2017 10:10AM

@oih82w8 said:
    I don't use the little "maze" code on the reverse or the bar code on the front...and would not have noticed it either.

Could this have been one of the hologram on the outside holders that was removed one way or another? These holograms were notorious for being unintentionally removed with auction house labels. See reverse image below for outside hologram location.

http://numismatica.com/tag/pcgs/

No, the hologram on the new PCGS holder is the strip below the PCGS logo.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahhh, I see the horizontal hologram on the OP holder.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2017 12:40PM

Think the seller used photoshop and hid it.

Should look like this one as it's a current gen. slab.

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

Current holders with no QR code are coins that were submitted as part of a bulk submission over about a year ago. Current bulk submissions contain the QR code.

• Options

I see

• Options

I have also noticed none of the Ike dollars on E bay right now have edge view , even though many are in the new current holder.

• Options
    morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

The new holder did not always get the edge view when they first came out. The QR bar code was usually left off on bulk submissions.

Instagram: nomad_numismatics

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file