Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2017 CU Fantasy Football - Congrats to our 2017 Champion artistlost!!!

cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
edited December 27, 2017 9:25AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Hi guys, are you ready for some football?!? Without further delay it's time for our leagues to kick off another entertaining season. I've listed below all the guys that participated last year. Please let me know if you want to participate this year by replying here and/or PM'ing me by Friday, August 4th. As you may have noticed, Yahoo has an auto renew feature so anyone in the leagues last year should have already gotten the invite. If you are using a different email address than last year, please PM that to me or Brendan as soon as possible. If I don't hear from you by Friday, August 4th, we will begin to open spots up for the alternates.

League A Teams:
1. CPAMike's Marauders (Commissioner) - Confirmed & Paid
2. artistlost - Confirmed & Paid
3. Grote15 - Confirmed & Paid
4. BigRedMachine - Confirmed & Paid
5. wrestlingcardking - Confirmed & Paid
6. Hammered - Confirmed & Paid
7. kidzfund - Confirmed & Paid
8. jeffcbay - Confirmed & Paid
9. Porkins - Confirmed & Paid
10. cincyredlegs - Confirmed & Paid
11. ajezove - Confirmed & Paid
12. Sportscardstop - Confirmed & Paid
13. rtimmer - Confirmed & Paid
14. EAsports - Confirmed & Paid

League B Teams:
1) brendanb438 (Commissioner) - Confirmed & Paid
2) baz518 - Confirmed & Paid
3) BostonAmericans - Confirmed & Paid
4) CocaBeachDodgers - Confirmed & Paid
5) SidePocket - Confirmed & Paid
6) gameusedhoop - Confirmed & Paid
7) AC000000 - Confirmed & Paid
8) slum22 - Confirmed & Paid
9) RailsideCards - Confirmed & Paid
10) MrG - Confirmed & Paid
11) ugaskidwag - Confirmed & Paid
12) BigRed7 - Confirmed & Paid
13) tonylags - Confirmed & Paid
14) HighGradeLegends - Confirmed & Paid

Alternates for both leagues if anyone backs out:
1)

Payment Information
Cost will be $40 and payment needs to be sent to me (League A Paypal address: sleepypam@msn.com) or Brendan (League B Paypal address: brendanb438@yahoo.com) via Paypal Friends and Family by Friday, August 4th so I have enough time to add any teams if necessary before our draft. Please include your team name in the PP Friends and Family message with something discreet like, "Happy Birthday Mike/Brendan from team name" and not "CU Fantasy Football". Thanks!!

Prizes will be as follows:
Overall Champion - $320
1st place (Championship Loser) - $240
2nd place (Each League) - $160
3rd place (Each League) - $80
4th place (Each League) - $40

Draft Information
Draft Type: Yahoo Live Standard Draft
Draft Time: LEAGUE A - Sunday, August 27th at 10pm Eastern
Draft Time: LEAGUE B - Saturday, September 2nd at 9pm Eastern

Significant League Settings
Max Teams: 14
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Receptions: 1 Point PPR
Trade End Date: November 18, 2017
Waiver Time: 2 days
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Weekly Waivers: Sunday - Tuesday
Post Draft Players: Free Agents
Playoffs: Week 14, 15 and 16 (6 teams) Note: Week 16 runs 7 days from Dec 19 to Dec 25 (Merry Christmas!!)
Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR (New this year)

WAIVER RULES
There will be weekly waivers beginning with the first games on Sunday until Tuesday. The waiver priority will be determined based on the draft order and then will be a continual rolling list. Note that any player not drafted will be a free agent until the beginning of the season in case you need to use the auto draft and are not happy with some of your selections.

PLAYOFFS
6 Team Playoff (Weeks 14, 15 and 16):
Week 14 - #3 seed vs. #6 seed and #4 seed vs. #5 seed (Top 2 seeds have a bye)
Week 15 - Week 14 winners vs. top 2 seeds
Week 16 - Week 15 winners play for the championship

MEGALEAGUE PLAYOFF
Champion between the two leagues is determined using the final Week 16 results Looking forward to another great season!!!

PLEASE NOTE
If you have any suggestions for changes to the league rules, payout structure, etc., please post them here and we can take them up for consideration.

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.

Comments

• Options
    tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

I'm in if any one backs out

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Mike, I am back for League B.

Steve
  • Options
    PorkinsPorkins Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Mike, that draft date/time would work for me

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

In like Flynn!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

the champ is back

If you can count your money, you don't have a billion dollars. J Paul Getty
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

I thought I was in the league (and won) last year, was there another CU football league last year other than these two?

Anyway put me on the alternate list.

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

One of these days I need to figure out how this fantasy football works. I am a football nerd so I should pick it up.

Awe heck, I have wasted $40 bucks on less intriguing stuff, if somebody backs out, I would jump in B)

I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

If u get an ipen spot i want in ty

• Options

It seems like this league is full; I would be willing to set up another one for those interested, or if someone else wants to take the bull by the reins feel free. For simplicity; we can use same rules as above, or set up our own. I have been a commissioner for one of my leagues for past 15 years; it's not that hard with yahoo; they manage everything. We can figure out a draft date convenient for everyone or use the one above. Just Pm me and I'll see how many we get. I would like to do a 14-16 teams with or without divisions, makes no difference to me. If you like I can move this to a new post.

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• Options

@tonylags said:
    It seems like this league is full; I would be willing to set up another one for those interested, or if someone else wants to take the bull by the reins feel free. For simplicity; we can use same rules as above, or set up our own. I have been a commissioner for one of my leagues for past 15 years; it's not that hard with yahoo; they manage everything. We can figure out a draft date convenient for everyone or use the one above. Just Pm me and I'll see how many we get. I would like to do a 14-16 teams with or without divisions, makes no difference to me. If you like I can move this to a new post.

That would be great. We originally added a League B as the demand was pretty strong on here. I will still put you on the alternate list in the meantime as we usually have one or two spots open up each season.

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options

@rtimmer said:
    I thought I was in the league (and won) last year, was there another CU football league last year other than these two?

Anyway put me on the alternate list.

Hi Ryan, I believe that was the Mid-Rollers League that Brendan ran as a separate league. As far as I know that is still a go this year as well. I will find that thread and bump it to get Brendan's attention.

Collecting:
  • Options

@ChiefsFan1st said:
    One of these days I need to figure out how this fantasy football works. I am a football nerd so I should pick it up.

Awe heck, I have wasted $40 bucks on less intriguing stuff, if somebody backs out, I would jump in B)

Hey Brian, I'll give you a crash course. Hope all is well with you!

Collecting:
  • Options

@cpamike said:
    That would be great. We originally added a League B as the demand was pretty strong on here. I will still put you on the alternate list in the meantime as we usually have one or two spots open up each season.

Please do; I would do both anyway because I love it.
    Ok; so I'll set one up; confirm on this post and PM me your email address so I can have yahoo send out invites. For now same rules as above; once league is full if you want to change anything we'll have a league vote on a different thread.

• Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭

I'm back in!

baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭

Put me down for confirmed.

Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

I'm in!

• Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in again, thanks.

• Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

@cpamike said:

@ChiefsFan1st said:

Hey Brian, I'll give you a crash course. Hope all is well with you!

All is good. I'm learning to sleep with one eye open because I think the wife is eyeballing my life insurance policy :#

Na, not really, but it makes a good story :p Life is pretty good on my end of it. Hope all is well with you!

I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭

I'm in and August 27th works for me.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

I'm in.

• Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

I am in and just got payment from AC000000 . So mark him and me paid in League B

• Options

We will also be doing the "Mid Rollers" league again this year on these boards. Watch for a separate thread here shortly.

• Options

All up to date through Brendan.

Collecting:
  • Options

Count me in.

• Options

For League B how does Saturday August 26th sound 9PM / 10PM ish so the West Coast members can get on?

The 2 Sundays before the season opener on Sept 7th I have to run the CGC Comic Forum leagues draft slots.

• Options

Bump. If you are in again let me and Mike know so we can confirm you and once everyone has sent over their buy ins for League B I will have Yahoo do the random draft order so we can plan accordingly.

• Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

I'm in again.

Matt

• Options

CocoaBeachDodgers confirmed paid for League B

• Options
    sportscardstopsportscardstop Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

I'm in again. Will send payment this week

• Options

anyone bail yet? I'm awaiting. Any interest in another one....PM ME

• Options

Come on folks, we are getting a lot of people interested in spots if you don't let us know you are in again. Hoping to get most folks back from last season since we had a hell of a great competitive league for League B last season.

• Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭

I'm in again
    Thanks

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@HighGradeLegends said:
    If u get an ipen spot i want in ty

Any spots still open?

• Options
    MrGMrG Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

MrG in again. I have a conflict on the 26th however. First Falcons game at the new dome in Atlanta, 7:00pm.

Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2017 3:37PM

As this past week was the National, I'd give folks who may be traveling a couple more days to check back in here.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    belzbelz Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

If another spot is needed if always up for ff

"Wots Uh The Deal" by Pink Floyd
  • Options

abcoltsfan has PMed me he is not gonna be in League B this year so we have one spot for sure. Also for alternates and those folks who played last year in the $50 Mid Rollers League I have a thread started check in if you are in again.

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

I'd like to be in again but count me in as a person who opposes having a draft in the middle of a holiday weekend.

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

@wrestlingcardking said:
    I'd like to be in again but count me in as a person who opposes having a draft in the middle of a holiday weekend.

The draft for League A will be held on Sunday, August 27th at 10pm Eastern. With that being settled, please confirm if you are in this year...thanks.

Collecting:
  • Options

@brendanb438 said:
    abcoltsfan has PMed me he is not gonna be in League B this year so we have one spot for sure. Also for alternates and those folks who played last year in the $50 Mid Rollers League I have a thread started check in if you are in again.

Brendan, I added tonylags to League B as he was the first alternate. I sent him a PM to have him confirm and send payment to you.

Collecting:
  • Options

Sorry, I was away for the weekend. I am in. I will send paypal tonight

• Options

@tonylags said:
    Sorry, I was away for the weekend. I am in. I will send paypal tonight

No problem. I marked you as confirmed.

Collecting:
  • Options

@grote15 said:
    As this past week was the National, I'd give folks who may be traveling a couple more days to check back in here.

We'll definitely give guys another week and we will both reach out with PM's as well to those who have not yet responded. For those who have confirmed, please send in your payment as soon as possible..thanks!

Collecting:
  • Options

Thanks again; looking forward to it; paypal sent.

• Options

I have tonylags as confirmed and paid.

• Options

Updated original post.

Collecting:
  • Options
    sportscardstopsportscardstop Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Payment sent for league A

• Options

@sportscardstop said:
    Payment sent for league A

Payment received and duly noted, thanks!

Collecting:
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭

The 26th works for me -

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭

payment sent and any date is OK with me, Thanks for running this again

baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies