Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1966 and 1967 Bazooka complete box now recognized by PSA.

JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 26, 2017 7:19PM in PSA Set Registry Forum

Several of the 1966 and 1967 Bazooka Baseball boxes featured the same player photos and the same card numbers. The boxes I am dealing with have Marichal, Killebrew and Callison pictured. The set I am working on is the Harmon Killebrew Master.

PSA recognized these cards, panels and complete boxes as 1966-67.

There is no way to tell these single cards or the three card panels apart. However, the reverse side of the complete boxes are different; 1966 has a small photo of Sandy Koufax, the 1967 has a small photo of Mickey Mantle, additionally there are some numbers printed below the card on the right (in this case Callison).

I had given up on trying to convince PSA of this. Then found that the 2008 Standard Catalog verifies the differences.

It has taken several emails and phone calls to get a new slot created and my complete box added to my set. I had both complete boxes graded correctly, the flips said 1966 on the Koufax 1967 on the one with Mantle, but PSA designated them as the same (1966-67) in their database.

It does seem difficult to get things "fixed", but sometimes it does get done. There is still a 1966-67 box in the set, so things aren't as they should be, but progress has been made.

Thanks PSA!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

Comments

• Options
    RobbyRobby Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Miracles do happen ! Congrats on getting it corrected !
    Robbie :):)

Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

Joe-- glad your persistence paid off. Now you can get them to revisit your 1967 Punch Out lineups issue :-)

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options

AND my 1963 Post single serving complete cereal box!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    QUITCRABQUITCRAB Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭

Joe...Do you think you can get PSA to get a holder big enough to hold a 71 bazooka full box correctly ? We now know you have "a in" with them.
    Scott

• Options

Right.......they are NOT YET recognizing the 1967 complete box. Tried to add it several days ago. I doubt that they are going to come up with another holder.

• Options

Finally! Now let's see what they decide to do about the 1966/67 box.

• Options

I have been trying to get them to list Bazooka panel weighting and pricing for more than a year with no luck. Anyone interested send me a message and ill send you my Xcel spread sheet with bazooka panel weighting and pricing.

By the way here is now a Bazooka panel master set. See [ https://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistry/composite/14552 ]

• Options

I agree PSA is all over the board on weighting of Bazooka and a lot of other hard to find issues.