Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

So, is Norway known as an eBay style wretched hive of scum and villainy?

StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been watching a new seller out of Norway...kind of wretched feedback but he is a newbie and it looks like one unhappy customer.

He has listed a few interesting Japanese coins pedigreed to Dr. Norman Jacobs (as in Jacobs and Vermeule, one of the better known English language references).

Interestingly the coins are listed using Heritage photos---and checking the completed sales, he is getting killed on at least some of them.
ebay.com/sch/nepolatko/m.html?_trksid=p3692

I've been watching to see how his feedback turns out...

Anyway, so I was looking at a thread on another forum and this link was given to a Korean coin:ebay.com/itm/332246779813?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rmvSB=true

Zero feedback, using Heritage photos, and...out of Norway. Both listing 4 coins (and the first guy had 4-5 listed on the first go-round too).

Coincidence? And, NORWAY???? I never thought of Norway as being a hotspot of eBay shenanigans...

Comments

• YQQYQQ Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

for one, unless they have HA's permission, it is a blatant copyright infringement.
    And, who says they really have the coins???

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who says they are really in Norway?

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SaorAlba -- Ebay. Good point :smiley:
    Interesting, there is a new feedback for the guy with the Japanese coins. Something he sold in the last month looks good.

Goodness knows everyone starts at zero, and everyone can get a PITA customer (especially on eBay). It was just a coincidence noticing the auction similarities--and quite a fluke that I did see them. Who knows, with a strong dollar maybe the Jacobs coins aren't even losing much.

That said @YQQ ...yep, the HA only photos were a big flag to me. Maybe I should request another view/photo of one of the coins.

I'm surprised no on has gotten my Star Wars reference yet.

• carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm surprised no on has gotten my Star Wars reference yet.

HA shot first?

:lol:

The Mos Eisley spaceport...as Luke and Obi-Wan approach that is what Obi-Wan says. Sadly, I didn't have to look up how to spell that.

• ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought a bait and switch fake coin (different coin was sent) from a German seller. When corresponding with seller it was clear he was based in China, using a buddy's address to list.

Grr. Can't hit the like button on that one.

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was sort of holding out for the Florence Henderson reference... :)

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.