Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

If you didn't post for a long period, would you be missed?

labloverlablover Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 21, 2017 2:08PM in PCGS Set Registry Forum

I think many would not notice...what say you?

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Comments

• rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭

I would notice if you did not post...

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some people would be missed.
    Me? No.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting question to ponder :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me? Lot in the least. But as soon as you stop posting those crazy colored proof dimes, I'll notice ;)

• StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was gone from here for 5 yrs and I was not noticed. Only when I came back.
    No one even sent me a PM asking me if I was OK.
    Nice huh?

Later, Paul.
  • djmdjm Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stooge said:
    Nice huh?

Well your old picture was pretty scary. Nobody want to disturb your me time

• cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

No one would notice or care.

@djm said:

@Stooge said:
    Nice huh?

Well your old picture was pretty scary. Nobody want to disturb your me time

I remember that picture. It was hilarious! Good times...

Later, Paul.
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2, 2017 5:17PM

@Stooge said:
    Nice huh?

I used to notice these things right away with people whose posts I follow but so many disappear so often that I hardly think about it. I noticed you disappeared but just didn't give it a lot of thought. It didn't seem nearly that long.

I thought I saw you post at NGC a couple times during that.

I hope everything was OK. ...or at least good enough.

Tempus fugit.

@cladking said:

@Stooge said:
    Nice huh?

I used to notice these things right away with people whose posts I follow but so many disappear so often that I hardly think about it. I noticed you disappeared but just didn't give it a lot of thought. It didn't seem nearly that long.

Back in I believe 2008, I sold my complete set of clad Roosies and then sold off the remaining coins I had. I actually owned ZERO PCGS slabs at this time. Around the same time, I ventured into collecting Topps Baseball cards slabbed through PCGS's sister company PSA. I still collect the cards and have well over 1,000+ PSA slabs. I didn't post here on any of the coin forums and was never contacted by anyone. I then started to post on the CU PSA card forums and made tons of friends over there. Some I talk to on the phone, see in person, and make great deals. I actually make more money buying and selling cards then I ever did with coins....go figure.

1 day I was bored out of my mind and decided to see what was happening on eBay regarding dimes. That was sometime in late 2013, and started it back up. I decided instead of playing this registry game, I would buy and collect Roosies and other nice coins just because, and nothing else.

Was really shocked that PCGS added the + and had new holders. That was neat to see, so I was back for good.

As far as NGC, I never posted over there, not even 1x. Haven't actually been on there forums at all.

CladKing, you are and continue to be one of the most amazing posters here on the CU that I have ever run across in 15+ yrs. Your knowledge of clads is insane. Keep posting my friend and I will certainly keep reading.

Later, Paul.
  • CyndieChildressCyndieChildress Posts: 429 ✭✭✭

@Stooge said:

@cladking said:

@Stooge said:
    Nice huh?

Back in I believe 2008, I sold my complete set of clad Roosies and then sold off the remaining coins I had. I actually owned ZERO PCGS slabs at this time. Around the same time, I ventured into collecting Topps Baseball cards slabbed through PCGS's sister company PSA. I still collect the cards and have well over 1,000+ PSA slabs. I didn't post here on any of the coin forums and was never contacted by anyone. I then started to post on the CU PSA card forums and made tons of friends over there. Some I talk to on the phone, see in person, and make great deals. I actually make more money buying and selling cards then I ever did with coins....go figure.

1 day I was bored out of my mind and decided to see what was happening on eBay regarding dimes. That was sometime in late 2013, and started it back up. I decided instead of playing this registry game, I would buy and collect Roosies and other nice coins just because, and nothing else.

Was really shocked that PCGS added the + and had new holders. That was neat to see, so I was back for good.

As far as NGC, I never posted over there, not even 1x. Haven't actually been on there forums at all.

CladKing, you are and continue to be one of the most amazing posters here on the CU that I have ever run across in 15+ yrs. Your knowledge of clads is insane. Keep posting my friend and I will certainly keep reading.

Glad your back!

• mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭

I didn't post for nearly 8 years and I wasn't missed before so I know I wouldn't be missed again ;)

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would say probably, but it depends on who you are. there are some members whose icon I recognize as I scroll down a page and I would probably notice not seeing that.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stooge said:
    Nice huh?

I missed you Paul. ;)

• divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

A few would notice, but not many. I had a few people PM and email me the last time I did not post for 3 months.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • DontTellTheWifeDontTellTheWife Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Since I don't post much, defiantly not!

• RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭

Nah

• IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭

First post in years. Anyone miss me? LOL

• dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, Irish Mike!! Great to see you!!

Now that I think about it, I HAVE missed you! ;);)

• cladkingcladking Posts: 28,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

@IrishMike said:
    First post in years. Anyone miss me? LOL

I noticed.

Almost missed this post though.

Tempus fugit.

Anyone hear from @Dan50 lately???

Later, Paul.
  • giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sincerely doubt that I would be missed.

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mercurydimeguy said:
    I didn't post for nearly 8 years and I wasn't missed before so I know I wouldn't be missed again ;)

But I didn't know you then! Hoping all is well.

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only a few actual know who I am and so yes someone would PM me to find out what the heck is going on but for the most part I don’t think anyone else would care.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me? Nah.

I've been on the board 10 years, but don't have the associated post count to be more visible.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • labloverlablover Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kkathyl said:
    Only a few actual know who I am and so yes someone would PM me to find out what the heck is going on but for the most part I don’t think anyone else would care.

I'd care!!!!!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭

Who is “Lablover?”

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003