Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Buying PCGS White Rattlers - Minimum of $750 over PCGS Price Guide, more for 1.0's - See OP!

LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2, 2021 9:30PM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Will buy most any but need to see coin/slab first and prefer better type coins - PM's appreciated!

White rattlers have smooth white paper w/o the "ribs" in the paper, all start with serial #108.... - see below.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Comments

• LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still buying.....

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Still buying - can pickup at ANA next week.

Anyone have something to offer??

• REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2017 10:57AM

They are tough to find. Even when the numbers are low enough, they're not always on the white insert.

This would have been the only Saint to my knowledge. If this one interests you, feel free to send a message.
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/985552/a-mystery-in-the-early-days-of-pcgs

Anyone??

Need Xmas $$??

Need some tax money by the 15th?? :D

Anyone?

B)

• RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 848 ✭✭✭✭

Could you post an example or pm me some pictures so I know what you are looking for exactly... I have a more than a couple rattlers

• blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook

White label, no ribs in paper, serial number starts 108......

• CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭
    edited May 16, 2018 8:08PM

@Lakesammman maybe a photo (in the first post) of the type of slab you are seeking would help us help you ;)

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

Good idea - pics added to the OP. :+1:

• RGRG Posts: 74 ✭✭

The PCGS Museum of Holders has distinguishing features of the white rattler (gen 1 and 1.1). The '37 buffalo shown is generation 1 as indicated by the lower slant of the dot matrix "5".

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence is limited...don't ask me how I know

Still buying.....

Still here.....

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 20, 2018 5:20PM

@Lakesammman said:
    Will buy any but prefer better type coins - PM's appreciated!

White rattlers have smooth white paper w/o the "ribs" in the paper, all start with serial #108.... - see below.

Why are the cert numbers N/G on the 1881-S & 1882-S?

Have they been cracked out?

GrandAm :)

Not sure, but it's not uncommon with the white rattlers. I asked a PCGS founder about that and he just shrugged his shoulders and said, "stuff happens". It was in the dark ages of TP Grading and computers and while we expect perfection from PCGS archives, it isn't always so.

They haven't been cracked - I still own them.

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

You could get them to reinstate the cert numbers with a photo to customer service.

GrandAm :)

Still looking for these, especially the tougher type coins.

Well............?

Anyone?

Especially want interesting type coins.....PM's appreciated.

Still buying .....

Still buying ..... Happy New Year!

• RNCHSNRNCHSN Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭

Happy New Year! But, sorry, Can't help you on this one. I just went through all my coin lists.

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lakesammman said:
    White label, no ribs in paper, serial number starts 108......

So, just dipping in bleach wouldn't work?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Nope - need to iron out the ribs in the paper as well.....

Sort of happy new year?? :D

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lakesammman said:
    Nope - need to iron out the ribs in the paper as well.....

Sort of happy new year?? :D

Bleach AND a steam treatment? Steam works on wrinkles on clothes...why not the paper in there? ;)

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Long time strong buyer - PM me!